MGS4 Raiden WIP UPDATE 6/27

Re: MGS4 Raiden WIP UPDATE 5/25

Wow ,casting and then musclesuit , that looks quite challenging
I think the soundtraps are a bit thick for the head , maybe its the lack of hair that gives me that impression , the jaw piece is shaping up neal nice
I hope you don´t get stuck halfway for years like my attempt at cosplaying the same character ( syntra armor and thin fabrics don´t get along very well)...

I just checked out your old snake suit, very impressive. It's amazing what you did with suit considering it all fabric. Is you muscle suit for this costume going to be done in the same way? Please post pics of that as well, I'm looking forward to see how you do it.

maverick626- Yeah, I mentioned the thickness of the ear pieces to my husband, and he plans on shaving them down before its finished. Any plans on finishing your Raiden?

darthchiro- Thanks. The muscle suit will be made in a similar way (basically foam sandwiched between 2 layers of fabric, but it'll be more built up and much rougher. I'll definitely post pictures when I make that.

of course , as soon as i´m done with my finals in college i will resume work on the suit , this would be the 3rd time i attemp to finish it for november

Hey can you post the pic from your twitter? Looks like you made more progress on the helmet

jwstroud84- My most recent picture of the headset is in post #11. It hasn't been worked on since then.

I just demolded the arms, and I've got a few questions for anyone with experience. There's a small piece that broke off near one of the seams. Should I just glue it back in? There was also a mottling effect caused by the PVA, even though it was sprayed on. I was thinking of using layers of primer and sanding it smooth to get rid of the mottling. Anyone have any input on this?

Re: MGS4 Raiden WIP UPDATE 6/1

I love Raiden! Probably one of my all time favorite video game characters! Can't wait to see more updates [ especially the headpiece ]....

Re: MGS4 Raiden WIP UPDATE 6/1

Thanks everyone!

maverick626- Yes, actually I recently sculpted the lip so a mold can be made.

Untitled by preciouscosplay, on Flickr

I've also sculpted the legs. They've been covered in gelcoat, and today I plan on fiberglassing them.

upload by preciouscosplay, on Flickr

My husband has been working on the headset. He's cut down the earphones and cast them in resin so they'd be lighter, and the jawpiece is now rigged together with elastic to allow for easier speaking. I unfortunately don't have photos of those at the moment.

After fiberglassing the legs, I'm going to finish removing the clay from the molds (which is a bigger task than I expected) and repair a few places in the gelcoat. I'm hoping to do the silicone casting this weekend! Finally!

Have you guys made any progress on this? I am planning on doing something similar for the new raiden suit in Metal Gear Rising.

I follow your work on a few other sites. Great stuff

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back