Melted Vader Sculpt (Rise of Skywalker Version)

Haha thought 2 and a half weeks was a bit ambitious! Don't rush and I'm sure we can all wait! Progress looks amazing so far! I have made a prototype propshop base for it already and am working on making final versions either from aluminium or steel, not sure which yet... also will be making a alternate base styled on the hot toys version lol. Will post pics when that’s done

4844B51D-E3AF-45CD-9074-E21403CD13FC.jpeg

Last edited:
... it’s going very slow now...and yes, what limited hair I have it’s going! Haha.... I thought I could get this sculpt done in 2 1/2 weeks, now I’m realizing it will be about 3 1/2 to 4. But hopefully by the first of March I can mold, and with some elbow grease have the first cast ready to show by mid-March... sorry everyone for the delay... but just trying to give it my best here...
View attachment 1259945
Cool!
Digital home release of the movie is only 3 weeks away anyway, which will be good for painting detail and maybe picking out some finer molding details if you want better references.

Hey masteredi just been searching for reference for one of the stands and came across someone selling a prop shop helmet. There’s some pics from unusual angles on there and didn’t know if they’d help you in any way.

Also to everyone else I'm going to go take a trip up to a fabrication centre on Monday/Tuesday to get the prop shop stands priced up so at least we can have an idea of cost and gauge interest from there. I will be doing as much of the work myself as possible to keep cost down however some bits will have to be done by a company. Will report back once i have an idea.

Also masteredi let me know which style of stand you'd like if any and i will more than happily send you one as a thank you from me and the community for doing this amazing 3rd run!

Either way here’s the pics i found
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600-2.jpg
s-l1600-3.jpg
s-l1600-4.jpg
s-l1600-5.jpg
s-l1600-6.jpg

Thanks everyone who has helped with reference! I appreciate it! I’m almost satisfied... I’m very happy with how the sculpt has gone. Is it perfect? Sorry but no. But it’s the best I can give you all....
8EDF2FB2-BF3E-46E3-A8ED-7C24E67F6ED3.jpeg

74AB3C1D-CF86-45D0-A253-B608C5FE9C38.jpeg

There are some subtle differences I should mention between the TFA version and TROS version. Overall it’s the same helmet, plus or minus a few details.
First of all, there is the embedded twisted wire in the left cheek, which I mentioned in a previous post.
33D48BA1-F74E-4834-B462-EA4D77AD08CE.jpeg

Second, there are no separate long strings of wire like the TFA version had on its left side cheek.
2E285782-3EEB-4AB9-B2F9-1CA4E4127D60.jpeg

Third, on the right side cheek there is a new small piece of shrapnel.
6DAA48FA-F206-4F45-9F33-F5F47B4B042D.jpeg

Overall, I feel the helmet has softer details in comparison to the TFA version. I’m not sure if it’s just the paint job that makes it feel that way, or if it’s the texture of the cast/3D print.

Masteredi it looks amazing! I wish I had even half your sculpting talent! The only thing I have got to ask is if it would be possible to have the option for the wire thingy on its left hand side as that’s one detail I personally loved. Either way amazing job again! Hats off!!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back