Medallion (various uses) "It's a major award..."

joeranger

Sr Member
Hey guys,
A search for costume medallions only had one hit; a very nice Dracula reproduction.
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=91955&highlight=medallion

As referenced in my "Puffy shirt" thread, I am kitbashing (on the cheap) a Disney Prince costume for a charity event on Friday.

Whether it's Dracula or Sound of Music, the medallion is really easy. The only issue is deciding if you want room for a bow tie above the medallion or if you want it to be snug against the neck. For the Dracula look, just make the angle a little sharper so it hangs down more. For snug against the neck, look at how the center is thicker/rounded. See pic.

For the actual medal, I used my son's 3rd grade reading award. "...but I wanted it more than he did...uhh, that's still stealing"

Cut a cardboard v-shape test fit and then use fabric glue to attach fabric. Burgundy/Red velour works great. Glue other side, test fit, cut to size and attach some velcro to the ends.

By the way, the "tooth" medallion is one I made for my dad to wear with his tuxedo at an American Dental Asso awards dinner. He was actually receiving an award so he didn't wear it. With that said, if you ever have to go to a black tie event, think of all the possibilities!!!

Medallion 5.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back