MattyCollector "Mattel Hoverboard" discussion

I've just received it. I live in Montreal, Canada.

Obviously, I go the same thin as everyone else. It is a piece of ****, no surprise.The sound is really the worst too.

However, the board seems in good shape, no visible creases or air bubbles.

Well, thankfully my order was lost somewhere in Atlanta since 12/10. I had to wait until today to verify it was beyond the stupid waiting time for Digital River to do anything. Mail was delivered today, no hoverboards, so I called Digital River again and insisted the charges be refunded and cancel the order. I'll put the money that I'd have spent on this to my new Px4 Storm 9mm subcompact I'm picking up tonight and clearly be much happier with the quality of that purchase.

I knew from the moment I heard Mattel was going to make a Licensed overboard that they would never be able to get it right.

I had no plan on getting one, but when my father in law asked for a Christmas gift idea I sent him a link to mattycollector. I knew it wasn't going to make it in time for xmas and I was cool with that.

My expectations for this toy from Mattel was extremely low.
I’m a detail freak thou, when I bought Tim’s board on ebay, I had him send me the parts in kit form so I could get all the details perfect. (kudos to Tim for his work in offering quality boards for as long a he was able)

As I waited for the box to arrive, I read this thread from page 1... wow

Mattel had SOOO many opportunities to make these perfect.
I think seeing Bob Gales real boards was what did the lenticular in, I’m sure Scotty saw them and said "hey look, these are printed images, we don’t need to do lenticular on ours, that'll save us tons!"

I saw Bob's boards in person at the "We're going back" 25th anniversary, it was neat to see, but they certainly don’t have that "hero prop" feel.

I didn't know they were going to put sounds in them, and when I say the AJ vid where Scott was talking about getting the sounds directly from US, I got excited. Im not sure what happened after that, but the sound my board makes is nothing like the movie. I found that if I put pressure on that giant bulge on the tail kick where the "speaker" is the funky vibrating sound stops, but it still doesn't match any sound in the movie.

even with the failing on the details, the thing that should have been a no brainer is the stickers. They should not be this bad. On a $24.99 hotwheels track set, yes sloppy stickers are to be expected, but on a $130 item? should be smooth and perfect.

8332920278_589c41b5e7_z.jpg

8331862403_9fea5887f7_z.jpg

8331862779_7eb1bed549_z.jpg

8332921342_722c662826_z.jpg

All in all, I've got to say the one thing I thought was really neat was the mini board, I wish I had gotten one of those.

Im sure Mattel will not be offering these again, and its probably for the best.

Finally!!!

I got my hoverboard!!!

Still inside the box, and will stay there untill our RPF's friends shows us theirs incredible decal's work done!

Don't see the time to fix this thing!!!

And by the way... It's really heavy!!!

:cool

Like many others, i'm still yet to receive my pre-order (Australia), insanely it shipped on December 5. Imagine if there was a third 'slow' delivery option!

Luckily it was only a 'Christmas present' to myself and not someone else I guess.

Looking forward to replacing all the graphics and adding Velcro, fur etc etc.....that's actually about the only thing I'm looking forward to actually :p

Sent using Tapatalk

Hoverboard recieved in Spain just a while ago (so they're finally arriving to Europe).
I won't open it until December,6 anyway. Here the tradition is not Santa's presents, but 3 Wise Men's presents...
I'll apply new graphics, fur, velcro, paint the hole & magnet screws in black, etc...

Hoverboard recieved in Spain just a while ago (so they're finally arriving to Europe).
I won't open it until December,6 anyway. Here the tradition is not Santa's presents, but 3 Wise Men's presents...
I'll apply new graphics, fur, velcro, paint the hole & magnet screws in black, etc...

Thanks for the update but what exactly do you mean when you say "a while ago"? Did it arrive today?

Thanks for the update but what exactly do you mean when you say "a while ago"? Did it arrive today?

Yup, my hoverboard arrived this morning (after paying 37€ more due to customs).
I won't be opening it until Sunday so no idea about bubbles or bad stickers applied

I'm in Toronto and I JUST got mine. Luckily mine doesn't have any issues with bubbles or peeling graphics. Of course the board isn't as good as it could have been, but I probably won't do any mods, maybe the footstrap.

I'm actually able to get a pretty good glide on my carpet, was having fund pushing it around with my foot. Havn't put batteries in yet, so can't comment on sound but I have low expectations after seeing videos on youtube

Just got mine and as soon as I got it out the box I knew it was gonna go on eBay! I live in the UK and in total it cost me £110 inc del! If it was around £60 I'd be happy but for £110 I expected so much more! No lenticular stickers, dodgy sound and a crappy stand!

I'm not a prop collector but was so happy with Mattys Ghostbusters Trap I thought I'd take a punt on the Hoverboard!

Really down about this! Epic fail Matty!

So honestly, why did the Hoverboard result in so much fail and the Ghost Trap and PKE meter result in so much success? They need to fire the Hoverboard group and give bonuses to the Ghostbusters group.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back