MattyCollector "Mattel Hoverboard" discussion

bottom velcro is a must.I'm sure you can offer a version A,B or C need be.

The only boards that had pink velcro on the rear pink diagonal stripes near the kicktail were those boards that were missing the footpad. I don't know that any complete board (with footpad and bottom parts) had pink velcro on the rear stripes. I could be wrong, of course, but I don't think so...

Roland what about the strip that goes around the sides?

As I wrote two sides before:

After the weekend I will go to our local construction market to look for silver gray adhesive tape.

Since I will use a stronger material for my decals, this material wouldn't work on the edges around the board. But if I can find a good silver tape (which is a better solution for a stunt board than a printed graphic), it will be part of my upgrade kit. For those people who prefer the pseudo lenticular graphic on the edges of the board, I will offer multi-part Vinyl strips with that graphic instead of silver tape.

Last edited:
The only boards that had pink velcro on the rear pink diagonal stripes near the kicktail were those boards that were missing the footpad. I don't know that any complete board (with footpad and bottom parts) had pink velcro on the rear stripes. I could be wrong, of course, but I don't think so...

There's at least one original stunt board with footpad AND pink bottom Velcro. ;)

I think it'd be cool with the velcro around the footpad. Although most of the boards don't have it, I don't think - I just think it looks good.

Roland, that board is really weird. What's up with the velcro and strap on the footpad?? The whole footpad is just bizarre on that board.

There's at least one original stunt board with footpad AND pink bottom Velcro. ;)

Crap. You're right. Looking back through my files, here's another different stunt board with velcro on the back stripes:

bttfiihoverstunt01small.jpg

And one of the lenticular wooden skate boards had it as well:

topsw.jpg

Hmmm. Now I'm gonna have to look through screen caps to see how many other lenticular boards had it... I do think it balances out the look.

Razorsharp - Did you spray paint the foot disk white and apply green vinyl? What was your process for laminating the new graphic? Did you modify Roland's original graphic yourself or use his new files that he hasn't released yet?

No i didn't spray the footpad green, i just put a thin white stripe around the edge. The graphic is a vinyl printed graphic and laminated. I modified Roland's graphics myself, i didn't want the new graphics to be in so many parts with overlaps etc like the originals, my graphic is one big sticker, then cut to accommodate the pink velcro.

Razorsharp... I'm... I'm... :eek ...Speechless!!!

IT'S AMAZING!!!

Did you really moved the footdisk? If yes, in the bottom part, the magnets will be misaligned with the footdisk above, right? Or am I talking nonsenses here?

Crazy see it all finished! You and Roland together are making the end of 2012 much better, if we consider the "Mattel Hoverboard's Saga" this year... afterall... what a year...

Congratulations!

Hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks! :) I am still modifying it, i'll post pics when it's done. I didn't move the footpad in the end, i was going to, but with the new graphic i think it looks good enough to not require moving the footpad (plus it saved a lot of work not having to move it)

Good move, man. It's MUCH less noticeable without squished graphics pointing it out. I don't think it'd be worth the work, it looks great as-is.

I didn't move the footpad in the end, i was going to, but with the new graphic i think it looks good enough to not require moving the footpad (plus it saved a lot of work not having to move it)

Good move, man. It's MUCH less noticeable without squished graphics pointing it out. I don't think it'd be worth the work, it looks great as-is.

I agree with you, guys!

It's awesome the way it is now!

Oh, Matty... Matty... living and learning... :lol

Just got a postal notice in my mailbox. Pretty sure it is the board ( I ordered the Nike Mag replica too, but don't think I'll get them this week).

I'll let you know on Wednesday when I go and pick up my package.

ps: I live in MONTREAL

I received mine in Saskatchewan today. The stickers were awful, huge creases and spots where the sticker wasn't even stuck down. Can't wait for the new stickers from you guys!

After keeping mine sealed for almost 3 weeks, I finally decided to open mine from the shipper box. I was fortunate to have one that had well placed stickers and no air bubbles and creases which won't matter in the end since I will purchase Roland's set.

I do want to mod this but will probably purchase another one to keep "stock" as to have as a comparison version of before/after.

I received my board here in Sydney, Australia on the 13th. So can't fault the delivery speed, but I did pay $76.50 for the service.

It's been 20 business days since it was shipped and I still haven't receive it. Matty Collector offers two shipping options "International Post" and "UPS International". "International Post" is $48.15 and "UPS International" is $76.75 so based on the time it took for amfx74's order to arrive, if I had paid an extra $28.60 I could of had mine in a week.

Wow great service Mattel. It was shipped via Mail on the Move which I assume is a USPS partner but the website doesn't have a option for tracking shipments so I have no idea where it currently is.

18 business days for me today, well......19 if I include the actual shipping date of the 5th..... I've given up on it turning up now being this close to matters delivery guide. Tomorrow ill be mailing for a refund and seeing if my bank can help me as I'm in the uk and I'm not ringing the USA at my expense.

As above mail on the move...... Where's it moving to, certainly not here

Matty Collector offers two shipping options "International Post" and "UPS International". "International Post" is $48.15 and "UPS International" is $76.75 so based on the time it took for amfx74's order to arrive, if I had paid an extra $28.60 I could of had mine in a week.

Thanks for coming up with the comparison of the shipping costs, I couldn`t recall the difference as I pre-ordered in March.
I`m totally with you on that, If I had known that UPS took 3-4 days (someone in my neighborhood here in Germany received it 4 days after shipping began) and international post 4 to 6 weeks, I would defintely have paid the extra $30, also because of the tracking no.
I don`t understand why matty didn`t elaborate on these details on their website when the customer had to choose between the two shipping options. No one knew that international post usually takes 4-6 weeks and does not include a tracking no.
Also, no hoverboard here in Germany yet, I`ll keep you updated.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back