Matty Ghostbusters Proton Wand

Yeah same here, this thing is fantastic! Anyone who comes and looks at my collection wants to check it out. For being a "toy" it can pass for a replica with the rest of my collection just fine to anyone who doesn't build Ghostbusters prop replicas themselves.

Eu members are best off buying from someone whom has bought in bulk and selling for a tiny profit as matty wont ship to many eu parts. Ebay are thieves that now include import duty in the global logistics shipping system. My seller in the usa has sent me one which is currently in uk customs with a charge so it didnt manage to slip through the net.

Mine arrived this week, and I reckon that peoples preconceptions either way will probably be borne out. If you think you want this - you do, if you think it's going to be too lightweight and toylike, you're not going to be surprised either.

Couple of thoughts. It does want for metal parts and does look a plasticky, can't wait to weather it and replace a couple of the non-functional parts with metal pieces. On the other hand, the motorised tip isn't as distracting as I'd thought, it's not as cool as having it snap out on a spring load, but it still comes out pretty quickly.

I like this replica, at the price as a base piece, it's great, but like the toy sonic screwdrivers, it's just good enough to make me really want a metal one.

If anyone is interested, similar to my Matty Collector/Epic Creations Ecto Goggles review, I've also written a lengthy review and took about 40 Un-Boxing photos. Last update was a 3:33 "tutorial" on how it works.

Review: Matty Collector First Impression: Neutrino (Nutrona) Wand | Ectocontainment

Un-Boxing Photos: Matty Collector Neutrino Wand | Ectocontainment

My "tutorial" video: Matty Collector Neutrino Wand Video | Ectocontainment

Video is also on the Neutrino Wand Un-Boxing page.

Thanks for reading/watching.

Well I bought one to replace my prop replica (with real clippard, machined knobs etc) and I think Mattycollector have done an awesome job. I'm not a Matty fan - I am usually furious about the Masters of the Universe line distribution and QC etc - but this prop/toy is just perfect for using in public with a costume. Every time I’d wear the old pack, EVERYONE would grab it, touch it, flick a few switches or just “test” the strength of everything. You know those jerks – the ones who knock their knuckles onto a prop and ask “is this thing real??”. So I’m very happy now that I have “quite” accurate plastic toy version that lights up, has a full rubber front (safety issues would have prevented anything more) and going by the sales of the ecto goggles and PKE, will be a piece I can replace if broken anytime in the next few years ;)
Yep, I’m going to do some repainting and weathering, but at this stage, I couldn’t be happier with it. I hope they make a full proton pack next with a loud speaker system as ToyGuru suggested.

Eu members are best off buying from someone whom has bought in bulk and selling for a tiny profit as matty wont ship to many eu parts. Ebay are thieves that now include import duty in the global logistics shipping system. My seller in the usa has sent me one which is currently in uk customs with a charge so it didnt manage to slip through the net.

Oh yeah customs tell me about it, Ive ordered a half year ago ecto googles...till this day no see, stuck at the customs...meeeh so tired of it!

Fiiiiinaaaaallly got mine. I ordered it on the 20th of December.

I reiterate everyone's sentiments on Cornerstone Logistics. YES. THEY SUCK!

I had shipping info up until the 24th of December... then nothing. I called Mattycollector.com help line several times and they were no help either. I was advised 6 different occasions to wait 48 hours for a status. On January 16th I had enough of their lack of customer support and I demanded a refund.

They processed the refund on the 21st of January. Suddenly, I get a package on my doorstep on the 22nd from USPS.
I have my wand now. Worth the retail price. I love it. I don't love the headache I had to go through to get it.

Defo using UPS next time I order from Mattycollector.com - Just not worth the hassle of not knowing where the item I paid for went.

I got one this weekend at our local comic con, the Fandom Fest.

I balanced the time energy and effort it was going to take to create one from scratch and then wire it for sound, vibration and lights verses pulling this out of a box and it was kinda a no brainer for me.

It will never be as robust as a heavy duty aluminum or even a resin one but it will work.

I plan to do some extensive but easy mods to it.
• I'm going to dremel of the clippard valve and replace with a real one.
• The Legris banjos are plastic painted black. Ill pop them off and replace with brass reproductions.
• I have an aluminum heat sink I'm going to replace with the plastic one
• cover a few light with accurate hat lights.
• weather a little more and be good to go

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back