Mattel Hoverboard "Stunt" graphics

I had my image printed out for my board project. I think it printed pretty well. I might end up redo-ing the drawing a little later, after really reading up on some of the different threads here, I can see now I am off on quite a few things. Here is a photo...

webvinyl.jpg

Hey Jamie, The image looks good and I will be using it on my build. I'm more than half way there now.
Just a question on your build, what have you made the whole thing out of?
and can your or anyone help me on the colour for the board.
I know the board is fluorescent pink, how about the magnet clamps and the centre part between the clamps?.

Daniel

haha... I have the same question you do about the board colors... I bought a can of florescent pink, but I think that's too... well, florescent. I think it needs to be more of a HOT pink color. I am going to Hobby Town tomorrow to see if they have something I like better there. I am sure it will be twice as expensive... but Home Depot, Lowes and WalMart all had the same thing. As for the magnets, I was going to use a Satin Black and Some Silver Chrome Color and then some sort of medium red for the holders. Also still looking for the correct purple for the center "power" thingy... That might be a hard one too...

My board is made of MDF, my magnets and center thing are MDF and my holders are vacuum formed styrene.

holders.jpg

I have the same thought with the florescent pink...might have to do a few samples first.
Your board looks really good. Im a newbie at prop making so I probly haven't gone the right way around it, but ive been building the complete hoverboard out of styrofoam. My idea was to make a display shevle which housed magnets in it aswell as the hoverboard so it would sit and hover.
Tomorrow I will start to resin the hoverboard and then body fill imperfections. But when its done then i will think about this magnet idea.

HOVERBOARD - NILS GUADAGNIN on Vimeo

Thanks on your ideas of paint choice!

Let me know what you think about this file...

Stunt Board Artwork File

artworkweb.jpg

It's not perfect, but might work. I think I will try having it printed for my project.

Jamie

This looks decent - the only thing I really noticed that needs changed is the green zig-zag on the underside. It should not be touching on the right side - there should be a gap between them. You can also make the yellow stripe on the bottom of the top graphic larger with less of a white border. Remember, the graphic will be cut with a curve at the bottom so you will end up losing some of that yellow.

Ok, I reworked the logo, let me know what you think.

Jamie

General Frosty and I printed out your board graphics and we found another problem . The mattel logos should not be touching the edge of the circle they should have pink all the way around the logo
Other than that the sharpness of the logo is great.
Hope this helps
Jack

Very nice stab at this!

-Rylo

I had my image printed out for my board project. I think it printed pretty well. I might end up redo-ing the drawing a little later, after really reading up on some of the different threads here, I can see now I am off on quite a few things. Here is a photo...

webvinyl.jpg

General Frosty and I printed out your board graphics and we found another problem . The mattel logos should not be touching the edge of the circle they should have pink all the way around the logo
Other than that the sharpness of the logo is great.
Hope this helps
Jack

Thanks for all the feedback. I had actually already caught the Mattel logo after I printed mine... but not the other stuff... I'll try and spend some time updating it with the comments listed.

And just to confirm on the HOVER BOARD logo for the stunt board, it has yellow above and below the letters, but the hero board the letters have no yellow above and below them correct?

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back