Matrix Easter Egg in Star Wars: Attack of the Clones? The Woman In The Red Dress

laellee

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm not saying I'm buying into this, but if anything it's an interesting coincidence.

have-you-ever-noticed-this-subtle-matrix-easter-egg-in-attack-of-the-clones-716129.jpg

http://moviepilot.com/posts/3643930?lt_source=external,manual

I remember hearing about this a while back. It makes sense, since the guy trying to sell Obi-Wan Death Sticks was played by the guy who Played Mouse in The Matrix.

Yup. And just for anyone who doesn't read the article, It's not just "Mouse" selling death sticks at the bar In Clones. The girl that checks Anakin out in the same scene is the same actress who played the Woman in the Red Dress. :)

They make it sound like it's some kind of amazing revelation about the character.. I knew it was the same guy within seconds when I saw the film in theaters for the first time. And it's only now making headlines? Granted, I didn't know about the actress in the red dress, but I'll chalk that up as coincidental casting rather than a "Matrix reference". George doesn't give a crap about making references in his films.

I consider that proof that Lucas sincerely didn't care about the Prequel Trilogy movies, and that he only made them to shut the fans up. :rolleyes

I feel like it's one of those things made up for the EU on the spot. Like, some merchandising thing needed a name for the character and something was just made up and thrown away for that reason. There's no way there's a sentence in the shooting script where it says, "A drug dealer, ELAN SLEAZEBAGGANO, approaches Obi-wan..."

I can't believe it!:lol

is it true some of the guys from N'SYNC were in it because George Lucas's daughter loved them and wanted them to have a cameo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't he name the fat pilot in the first movie Porkins too? lol
Yep. And in Return of the Jedi Admiral Ackbar, a character with a head that is rather fish-like, is a member of the Mon Calamari species? Either Lucas has been screwing with us the whole time, he thought he was being funny, or he was just lazy. :lol

is it true some of the guys from N'SYNC were in it because George Lucas's daughter loved them and wanted them to have a cameo?
From what I've read, it was Lucas' and Rick McCallum's daughters. Allegedly the band members were indeed filmed as extras in two scenes for Attack of the Clones, but ultimately those scenes weren't used...maybe; there's a brief shot in the Geonosis battle showing a heavy-set Jedi with a blue lightsaber who may or may not be Joey Fatone.

Last edited:
Yep. And in Return of the Jedi Admiral Ackbar, a character with a head that is rather fish-like, is a member of the Mon Calamari species? Either Lucas has been screwing with us the whole time, he thought he was being funny, or he was just lazy. :lol

From what I've read, it was Lucas' and Rick McCallum's daughters. Allegedly the band members were indeed filmed as extras in two scenes for Attack of the Clones, but ultimately those scenes weren't used...maybe; there's a brief shot in the Geonosis battle showing a heavy-set Jedi with a blue lightsaber who may or may not be Joey Fatone.

thank you! i was always told the 2 jedi throwing anikan and obiwan their extra sabers were NSYNC. but i could never ID them... this is cool to know they may actually be there. photos never surfaced of them in costume?

Well, I know that the first film of the prequels was filmed in Australia (this I happen to know because the production of the first film actually drove out Farscape, which almost forced them to cancel the show before they could even complete the first season, but were luck for them to find another studio to be able to house the production). And, of course, everyone knows that The Matrix was filmed in Australia and using a lot of Australian actors for the production. So, it's not so surprising that if there's an overlap in actors for roles. I mean, it's not as surprising to me as it's not as surprising to see the same actors in multiple productions being filmed in Canada.

I feel like it's one of those things made up for the EU on the spot. Like, some merchandising thing needed a name for the character and something was just made up and thrown away for that reason. There's no way there's a sentence in the shooting script where it says, "A drug dealer, ELAN SLEAZEBAGGANO, approaches Obi-wan..."

I can't believe it!:lol

I remember there was controversy, because the movie came out right after the Elian Gonzalez thing and the name of the character was a mash-up of the kids' name and people thought Lucas was making fun of the situation. I'm pretty sure I remember that correctly.

is that them in the back ground?
The Jedi with the blue lightsaber blade in that scene might be Joey Fatone. He says it's probably him, but even he's not sure because he was filmed in front of a green screen and directed to act like he was fighting a droid, so it could be another extra that just looks a little like him. But the other band members have all said they were disappointed that they were not in the final cut of the movie.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back