Master Replicas returns, Eaglemoss

phase pistol

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So it looks like Master Replicas is coming back (again)?

Check out the web site, that's an old logo from about 2015.

Anybody have a clue as to what's going on?

1672425465157.png

Seeing is believing and are they coming back just to sell off the Eaglemoss stock and then vanish again. You just never know more like security 30 day grace to get an item no nothing yet call credit card company and get your money back ASAP. Alot of lessons learned and folks got burnt.

Last edited:
To be honest, I ask you not to be offended, the fans at my words, I thought that such miserable crafts would be of little interest to anyone.

Maybe as a series - it has its fans, but they look very bad than what the respected users of this forum are doing.

I'd love to hear from people who like it, maybe I just don't get it.

P.S. I can't find my favorite Borg cube in this photo.

Resistance is futile.

I see the sphere, but where is the cube? Am I too old and my eyes are bad?

Didn’t they attempt this back in 2017 as the ‘
Master Replicas Group? Maybe I missed some drama, but when did that venture fold?

To be honest, I ask you not to be offended, the fans at my words, I thought that such miserable crafts would be of little interest to anyone.

Maybe as a series - it has its fans, but they look very bad than what the respected users of this forum are doing.

I'd love to hear from people who like it, maybe I just don't get it.

P.S. I can't find my favorite Borg cube in this photo.

Resistance is futile.

I see the sphere, but where is the cube? Am I too old and my eyes are bad?
I doubt that the photo represents which specific models Master Replicas will be selling.

Could you tell more about it?
I suspect that it will be for me - new, interesting.
Thank you in advance.
For background on the career of Steve Dymszo, there's a thread for that

As far as the resurrected Master Replicas (also called Master Replicas Group and Studio Replicas Group) is concerned, they ran a successful crowdfunding campaign and amassed more than $650,000

While the company went on to produce many unrelated products, customers never received the MR HAL 9000 products they had preordered.

As far as the bankruptcy, you can read about that here

The question is, is Steve involved AGAIN to rip off more people and ruin more lives?
I think it's likely Dymzso is involved simply because that name "Master Replicas" is now so toxic to those of us who know, anybody forming a new company would be better off avoiding it.

Also Dymszo boasted about acquiring the assets of the bankrupt MR in 2021.

Why he's using that weird misshapen MR logo that was around in 2015 (again to tout the "return" of the company) is a mystery to me.

I wouldn't mind a new line of Star Trek and Star Wars ships.

QMX really let us down with sneaking the U.S.S. Franklin from ST Beyond and the cutaway Millennium Falcon and canceling their projects.

Of course an entirely new line of LE or SE 1/1 replicas would be most welcome.

As I understand things -- perhaps imperfectly -- these ships to be sold were already produced by Eaglemoss in the UK. When they went under, existing inventory was sold off. And it looks like Master Replicas is at least one of the firms who will be liquidating the existing inventory. There's been no news about actually producing anything new. There are a variety of FB groups where lots of information is being shared.

What happened to Eaglemoss? I went to thier site the other day and they hardley have any Star trek stuff or Galactica

Dumszo's not involved, but depending on who you speak with, the owner of the new digs isn't much better. This is a UK lead operation headed by Darren Epstein, who owned Cards Inc. That company merged with MR when it became Corgi Int'l LTD and had a hand in its demise, but retained the MR brand name as consolation and has been sitting on it since 2008/9ish. Looks like he's using the name to sling old Eaglemoss stock. I wouldn't expect it to go beyond that. Another chapter in tarnishing what once was a great brand. Let it die already.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back