MANDO STARFIGHTER

You are amazing. Access to reference material, computer skill, passion for Star Wars, professional model maker museum quality product. All of these things plus the ability to run a complex construction business that demands plan and schedule adherence. Awesome team leadership and management, no doubt.

Wow, it just looks so real. Like, I keep thinking those engines look like they could be off of a real aircraft. And it's hard to believe that's vinyl wrap, not metal. Fantastic job, as always.

Thanks a bunch for the lovely comments guys...really means a lot. So I know i said i was gonna try vinyl wrap, but it was rubbish...not easy to use, looked too plasticky and made it look like a big toy. So i went for a chrome spray effect paint called Motip, which is just about right with some weathering and washes...although i used some Alclad and Duralumen as well in places.
Got the power convertors done;

r87eesvl.jpg

BPAV8IZl.jpg

It looks very real for sure mate:cool::cool:(y)(y):notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: I'm sure the inhabitant residing on the mainland must have a smile on their faces every time you come around: "Here's that bloke with its strange contraptions again":p:p I would be nervous to transport every single project by boat...but I guess that you've done it so many times in the past that it no longer is a problem:eek:

And finally...it is done. Assembled, installed and finished. Very happy with how it looks...huge thanks to the guys at Outpost One for their help and enthusiasm. Also very glad to get this one over the line...probably been in my head and building it for the best part of a year so a mix of relief and satisfaction. Thanks for sharing the journey with me
XpVYaH0l.jpg
ahWVktbl.jpg
yxkIe4ql.jpg
Z7AieKDl.jpg
akARmtml.jpg
DI1avGMl.jpg
gwZL9kYl.jpg
4OcD3IGl.jpg
itkry4Ml.jpg
JQQsuQRl.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back