Man of Steel - Superman, Jor-El and Faora Costume Reference

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
We were at the Las Vegas Licensing Expo today and Warner Brothers had the Superman, Jor-El and Faora costumes on display there.

The lighting was absolutely HORRIBLE,the glass was extremely reflective, and all I had with me were my iPhone and iPad, but I did the best I could to snap a few shots of each costume.

Even though they aren't the best quality images, I hope they are useful!

Superman - the RPF Gallery

Jor-El - the RPF Gallery

Faora - the RPF Gallery

I don't know if it's just me but the boots are hideous. Too much patterning everywhere. Thanks for the reference pics!

-Matt

A lot of people are panning the new suit design on Facebook but having seen it in person, I really like it (aside from the uncomfortably overemphasized crotch budge). It is definitely light years ahead of the Brandon Routh Superman costume. Take a look and see what you think.

To me, that great big shield across the whole chest on the new suit is just AWESOME!

View attachment 98292

I originally hated the new suit, but it's starting to grow on me. I really like the texture. I'd like it better if they didn't go so overboard on it. I think the boots and emblem would have been better smooth on the textured suit.
That and I want the manties back!

I think it's a neat and interesting take on the costume, but yeah, the "husband's bulge" is a bit distracting. "Uncomfortably overemphasized" indeed.

Either way, it could have been a lot worse...

Nicholas_Cage.jpg

I think it's a neat and interesting take on the costume, but yeah, the "husband's bulge" is a bit distracting. "Uncomfortably overemphasized" indeed.

While I was there, taking photos, people were walking by and every girl that walked by pointed and snickered... and I am thinking... if that is what you notice first on this costume, there is something wrong with the design. The worst part is that he doesn't really have a belt on the new suit but the design of the belt area basically creates a large arrow pointing at his crotch...

While I was there, taking photos, people were walking by and every girl that walked by pointed and snickered... and I am thinking... if that is what you notice first on this costume, there is something wrong with the design. The worst part is that he doesn't really have a belt on the new suit but the design of the belt area basically creates a large arrow pointing at his crotch...

I'm wondering if adding the undies back would help alleviate that. I think that's part of why the costume just doesn't look right to me. Part of me is glad the costume designers did away with them, but still, it just looks odd.

Dont really like the direction chosen for this new interpretation of Superman.

I think the suit its really oversaturated with texture... and the texture is very baroque, medieval looking, kind of a chainmail, its not what Superman needs. It could work on the base suit, but its in the shield, in the buckle... Im not very sold on the overall look. And, without the trunks it really looks like it needs something in the middle, some red, a belt, something, its very empty and draws way too much attention to the crotch..

I hope it looks better on screen.

I am a big fan of the new costume, I would never dream of cosplaying as Superman coz I have hated every costume, but this new one... if someone does a great replica I will be so down for doin the Man of Steel

Going to go with spandex w/ red undies never looking as good as this!
I'd expect an alien to wear this. It has enough going on and I do like the New 52 interpretation.

And Superman is packing some junk in his mid-engine trunk!

I think the new suit is a step in the right direction, its always hard to make the transition from comic to real life. Just as long as the get away from the old spandex look. That makes for a not so superman look

thanks for the pics i cant undertsand people hating on the returns for having tio much detail and then loving this suit.
its take its time but im liking the suit that much Im building the suit. once i have everything i will start a wip

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back