Magnoli, Baron, or Other for Tenth Doctor Suit?

Yes, yours was made in the pure wool option. The wool is great for those who want something a little more formal looking than the cotton. Our current wool option is slightly different from yours (I believe we made your suit about three years ago), though still not a perfect match for the original cotton. If you want screen accuracy, you really need to select the custom cotton option.

Kind regards,
Magnoli

So after some back and fourth with Baron they took the suit back to be altered. It should be back late this week, cross your fingers for me.

Yes, yours was made in the pure wool option. The wool is great for those who want something a little more formal looking than the cotton. Our current wool option is slightly different from yours (I believe we made your suit about three years ago), though still not a perfect match for the original cotton. If you want screen accuracy, you really need to select the custom cotton option.

Kind regards,
Magnoli

I think when I ordered it, you were out of the cotton, and since I needed it in time for my wedding, I had to go with the wool. Don't get me wrong, I love the suit and it was great for the wedding. I just wish I was able to get the more screen accurate version. Also, I'm impressed that you remember it was 3 years ago.

A little before and after. It was quite a headache getting this suit altered (mostly usps being awful) but in the end Baron knocked it out of the park.

Before:

After:

A little before and after. It was quite a headache getting this suit altered (mostly usps being awful) but in the end Baron knocked it out of the park.

Before:
*snip*

After:
*snip*

You can tell from the look on your face alone that you're happier with that second one! :)

Welp I realize I'm a bit late (totally forgot about this thread), but if anyone is interested, I have full video reviews of a lot of Magnoli stuff (suit, overcoat, ties, glasses, etc) on my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9Uq5d8jk3F_DN1EvtVcJSw

The lighting is a bit off in my suit and overcoat review videos (also my camera isn't the best), so I've put up a number of photos of both the suit and overcoat on my Facebook and Google+ pages for better reference.

I hope this helps!

So magnoli has a new blue, the updated one. And nobody ever seemed to give a definitive answer. I am ready to pull the trigger on a magnoli suit or a baron suit using magnoli’s fabric. I know magnoli has updated their pattern to be more accurate. Anyone know which would be the MOST accurate? Not most affordable

So magnoli has a new blue, the updated one. And nobody ever seemed to give a definitive answer. I am ready to pull the trigger on a magnoli suit or a baron suit using magnoli’s fabric. I know magnoli has updated their pattern to be more accurate. Anyone know which would be the MOST accurate? Not most affordable

Let the photo speak for itself:

43770113_316583469159795_2289608731287372056_n.jpg

Has anyone recently ordered a brown baron suit/fabric? Money is tight so I was considering getting Baron's fabric and sending it to Magnoli. Is the Baron fabric still screen printed?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back