Magnoli, Baron, or Other for Tenth Doctor Suit?

I've been busting myself up getting into shape before I order my tennant suit. Given myself a deadline and can't wait to place the order. so you guys are happy with the blue/rust stripes suit? Are you able to speak to magnoli directly about your measurements and such?

I've been busting myself up getting into shape before I order my tennant suit. Given myself a deadline and can't wait to place the order. so you guys are happy with the blue/rust stripes suit? Are you able to speak to magnoli directly about your measurements and such?

If you have an account on the Magnoli site there is a section where you can save all of your measurements for all future purchases, along with directions and diagrams on how to take them properly.

Well here is my Baron suit. The color is really washed out in this pic. I'm pretty happy with the pants(had them taken in a bit) but the jacket seems far to large to be an accurate fit. It's disappointing to say the least. I sent Magnoli the same measurements for my Eleventh shirt and got something that fits much better. Now I'm looking at having the sides taken in for almost $70 :angry Pretty annoyed with this so far, just hope it all woks out. I'm going to email baron and see what they say. Opinions?

I'd told them comfortable fit but snug at sides( I'd seen it before and it looked good) I got a hold of them and they said they'd alter it. Do you think it's possible to get it slim fit at this point?

They should still be able to take it in for you. Making a garment smaller is usually no problem, while making it larger is more problematic.

They should still be able to take it in for you. Making a garment smaller is usually no problem, while making it larger is more problematic.
Thats good news. I'm working on finding what I want fixed on it right now. So far it's having the pant legs shortened a bit, taking the side of the suit in to get a snugger fit(anyone know a measurement to give them for this?) Anyone see anything else that just screams fix me to them?

Well now they sound hesitant as to whether it was their fault or not, even if the alteration is free it's a $64 dollar reshipping fee. I'm thinking it might just make more sense for me to go to a tailor here in the city and have them do it.

I see how Magnoli has more accurate fabric, especially after looking at the ginger doctor's definitive Magnoli vs Gap fabric comparison- but why do people go to Baron for tailoring it if they can just get the suit from Magnoli?

So the suit is saying it is ready for pickup at the post office in Nepal. Now I am being told by Baron that it is not there and that I should claim the insurnace. They told me to claim it for 25 dollars, and like an idiot I did(I think it makes it easier for them somehow). Not sure who I can get an update saying it is ready for pick up and they can say it's not. The whole thing is fishy if you ask me. Never going through them again!

I know I'm totally late to this thread, but I ordered the Magnoli Tennant suit and wore it for my wedding. While I think the suit looks great, the brown was too dark and the stripes too far apart. It wasn't a good screen-accurate depiction. I'm not sure why mine looks so different from the pictures Magnoli has on his site.
Here's a photo of it. http://i.imgur.com/PfLgjE8.jpg

Looks like yours was made from the less expensive wool they used to use as their standard offering. Did you select the rewoven cotton from the drop down box when you ordered?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back