Mad Max: Fury Road Costume Thread

Re: Mad Max: Fury Road Costumes Thread

Agree.
I think coyote is the way to go for the pouch. I have two of those on my Royce vest and thry match pretty well.
Arlo said some posts ago the holster and platform are black.

What collor is the 5.11 Tactical Single Pistol Mag Pouch on his right side?

Thanks fabian i found these here in the netherands

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks fabian i found these here in the netherands if you need one let me know.
Thanks for the offer. I managed to find a Flat Dark Earth one. :D

DSC04298A_zpslco2fns8.jpg

DSC04299A_zps23dm8xi0.jpg

DSC04300A_zps019pqktl.jpg

I MIGHT have found a black one too. Supposedly the only black one left. Just waiting to see if it's the correct one. And for anyone wondering, I got this off eBay.

sure thing homerjjwalker,
If you guys find a black version i will be interested!!!

Sweet new TOTAL FILM cover! Issue comes out this Friday!! If anyone gets it sooner please post some pics.

I hope there will be a couple showing some additional details of Max's costume - particularly his early "vagabond" version. I really wanna see what THAT backpack right (with the water/fuel bladder) looks like. I wish there was a clean shot of this cover image. It would show a clean shot of the elusive right side of the M83 battle vest. I'm also keen to see more details on the leg brace.

From what I see, Tom is def rocking an extra mag with the condor and also note the rear seam line on the seat of his pants. They def look like the old style MFP leathers - which had no pockets or belt loops. I wonder if this version does have a belt/loops for the condor rig to attach to.

Sweet new TOTAL FILM cover! Issue comes out this Friday!! If anyone gets it sooner please post some pics.

I hope there will be a couple showing some additional details of Max's costume - particularly his early "vagabond" version. I really wanna see what THAT backpack right (with the water/fuel bladder) looks like. I wish there was a clean shot of this cover image. It would show a clean shot of the elusive right side of the M83 battle vest. I'm also keen to see more details on the leg brace.

From what I see, Tom is def rocking an extra mag with the condor and also note the rear seam line on the seat of his pants. They def look like the old style MFP leathers - which had no pockets or belt loops. I wonder if this version does have a belt/loops for the condor rig to attach to.
Arlo posted a picture of the right side a few pages back from the early stages. In the final version there's just one set of link rounds and the grenade added. There's also 2 HK G3 mags instead of 1 in the final version, but the set up is pretty much the same in the film. I've been trying to figure what kind of plate carrier is worn in the beginning of the first trailer. Wish we had more pics of that too. Hard to match it up to anything since you only see the back but it does have some small strap details. Maybe it's also made by Condor? No way to tell without more pictures. I've also been looking at leg braces and I haven't match any yet. I did notice that the ones that do have similar features are really expensive, $400 to $800 range. Hoping that's not the case since it only looks like bits and pieces are used.

Yeah this version is definitely gonna be more pricey to recreate than anything from the previous movies. I am probably NOT going to be getting the $400.00 Chris Reeves screen version of the knife... (I wonder if he even pulls it out in the film??!!)

I am assembling some of the key core items now (I have the M83, Rossi-style boots, and mags, also working on a shoulder plate rig w/ accurate shoulder plate) but am really starting to realize the cost and painstaking time it takes to track all this stuff down. The battle vest stitching is a bitch to work with. Arlo's pics are really cool and they (and he) have been really really helpful. It's so cool we are lucky enough to have someone that actually worked on the film's costuming chiming in. I am sure he will be able to offer more after it debuts.

Unlike many on this board I have yet to see even the test screenings.

I am personally wanting to also recreate the "vagabond" version. Sadly there are almost no clean pics aside from the few in the first trailer.

BTW - does anyone think it a bit weird that no one in the film seems to carry so much as a canteen??!! It's the freakin' desert! I remember even thinking that when I was 10 and saw RR in the theatre... Esp cuz water is so scare in the FR setting, you'd think everyone would have some cache for it if they happened to come across some or pillage it from a wreck etc....

Yeah this version is definitely gonna be more pricey to recreate than anything from the previous movies. I am probably NOT going to be getting the $400.00 Chris Reeves screen version of the knife... (I wonder if he even pulls it out in the film??!!)

I am assembling some of the key core items now (I have the M83, Rossi-style boots, and mags, also working on a shoulder plate rig w/ accurate shoulder plate) but am really starting to realize the cost and painstaking time it takes to track all this stuff down. The battle vest stitching is a bitch to work with. Arlo's pics are really cool and they (and he) have been really really helpful. It's so cool we are lucky enough to have someone that actually worked on the film's costuming chiming in. I am sure he will be able to offer more after it debuts.

Unlike many on this board I have yet to see even the test screenings.

I am personally wanting to also recreate the "vagabond" version. Sadly there are almost no clean pics aside from the few in the first trailer.

BTW - does anyone think it a bit weird that no one in the film seems to carry so much as a canteen??!! It's the freakin' desert! I remember even thinking that when I was 10 and saw RR in the theatre... Esp cuz water is so scare in the FR setting, you'd think everyone would have some cache for it if they happened to come across some or pillage it from a wreck etc....
I haven't seen any screenings either but we're not far off. Only two more months till the movie is out and I expect a lot of good stuff being released by then. Movies come out on blu-ray fast nowadays too so maybe we'll get that late August early September and we'll be able to analyze everything. Not only Max but all the other costumes for the rest of the characters. Lots of interesting props and costumes going on.

I work in the entertainment/pop culture biz in my reg life and can tell you a BD/DVD release will probably NOT happen by the fall.

Warner will def. want to milk the film overseas for as long as possible. My guess is we could see it by the holidays (maybeeee) if it's a blockbuster, but it could just as well be slated for 2016.

What I AM hoping for is a director's cut. AND for the film to get an IMAX theatrical release. I am still not sure if I wanna see it in 3D - that fad has died out significantly, though I know a 3D version of FR was touted.

MM films have traditionally have been only 90-100 mins but I'd love to see Miller expand things perhaps with some additional scenes or alternate takes. The bonus features surely will be must-see's as well! I bet they will have segments on the costume design and I would love to hear a running director/actor commentary for the film w/ Miller and some of the cast.

In the meantime, I am pretty sure we WILL see a ton of merchandising for FR. I am hoping Sideshow Collectables will create a line of higher-end, hi-detail figs (and maybe of some of the vehicles too). The graphic novels that come out from Vertigo on May 6 and May 20 respectively may give some additional insights into some of the costumes too.

For all this talk on the small details of the battle vest, there IS a part of me that could just as easily go for wearing just a similar style waffle shirt and leather pants and create the bondage-style mask from resin that Max wears for the first-half of the film.. (chain would be optional), but I have a feeling that look could be just as iconic for the film. And it would be a hell of a lot easier to reproduce - (but yes, not NEARLY as fun)!!

I wonder if this version does have a belt/loops for the condor rig to attach to
From this picture, it seems to have belt loops.

tumblr_nkoienqgML1qe5f96o2_12801_a.jpg

Believe me, the small pouch beside the Condor Holster is a modified Coyote tan Condor flasbang single pouch.

IMG-20150311-00871_a.jpg total-film-madmax-640_zpsg3bqwicb_a.jpg

Last edited:

Here's a picture of the Total Film magazine cover without the text.

Notice the belt strap with buckle on the back.

MMFRFM_zpsi6u7af7y.jpg~original

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back