Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

It could be anything! Hence, "mystery" chunk. All Brandon said about it was that it was a chunk of aluminium; it could be a ton of things!

Eh.. Ok? I think that it is a paint chipping artifact.

no, we're talking about this. Definitely not chipped paint.
chunk.jpg

Can someone (Dan maybe) tell me how wide the neck portion is that is taped up with gaffers tape? Should I just get the 1" thick tape?

country paul posted this hi-rez photo of the v2. this is the first time i have seen the power wire so clear... now after seeing this photo i dont know if i still believe the mystery chunk is blocking the hole for the power wire to go in... looks like this wire enters somewhere on the opposite side of the activation switch on the v2

attachment.php

attachment.php

The cone knob covers the toggle power switch opening, the square thing (if the same as the shared stunt) is where the set screw that holds the pommel goes.

This is why I really think it's just a square head set screw, not something like the piece of a Graflex clamp sidebar. It makes the most sense looking at all the similarities between the V2 and the Shared Stunt that it's a set screw.

I, too, believe that it's a set screw. I've actually seen drum (like the musical instrument) tension rod/set screws that look nearly identical to what I can see in the V2 pics. I work in a music shop and was looking all over the place today to see if I could find one the right shape. I found a few that were close, but no cigar. I'll keep my eyes peeled to see if I can come up with something worthwhile.

country paul posted this hi-rez photo of the v2. this is the first time i have seen the power wire so clear... now after seeing this photo i dont know if i still believe the mystery chunk is blocking the hole for the power wire to go in... looks like this wire enters somewhere on the opposite side of the activation switch on the v2

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=511656&d=1438982552

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=511657&d=1438982552

Neat that the other clamp bar is missing in that pic. Never noticed that before. I guess an "AFBB" of this saber has an all black grip and neck section and a calculator bubble strip in the clamp.

The cone knob covers the toggle power switch opening, the square thing (if the same as the shared stunt) is where the set screw that holds the pommel goes.

This is why I really think it's just a square head set screw, not something like the piece of a Graflex clamp sidebar. It makes the most sense looking at all the similarities between the V2 and the Shared Stunt that it's a set screw.

im still on ur side, ive seen those square headed bolts used before. it would make sense that they used that to secure the pommel on. but it make me wonder what the used in the pictures i posted above? maybe a set screw which they ended up losingover the years and in a rush grabbed the nearest thing being the square head screw?

i hope brandon comes out with another book, with detail on the v2

I pretty sure the set screw for the pommel is on the booster section. We saw it at SWCA, I highly doubt there's part of the body sticking down into the pommel for that to be the pommel set screw :)

however, the block headed screw makes a lot of sense, especially to plug any hole.

Was at the hardware store today for some materials and rather than some aluminium stock I originally had in mind to buy, they had square head set screws available! The size I needed, no less! Bought one for 49 cents and just screwed it into the pommel.

So, I got the tape, the "chunk", and lever...Just need that damned clamp.:p

Was at the hardware store today for some materials and rather than some aluminium stock I originally had in mind to buy, they had square head set screws available! The size I needed, no less! Bought one for 49 cents and just screwed it into the pommel.

So, I got the tape, the "chunk", and lever...Just need that damned clamp.:p

have you got a picture of the set screw in place? What size did you get? Would love to see how it looks

I went down to my Local Harware superstore & searched their massive bolts & screws section & found nothing, I've searched eBay & again found nothing in the UK (some in the U.S. But the postage was ludicrous :lol) I've been searching for "square head set screw", "square head bolt" etc. starting to think either they're not something we use here in the UK, I'm searching for the wrong thing or just looking in the wrong place :cry

my New V2 is currently at the AFB stage on its way to being beaten up :lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    484.5 KB · Views: 229
Where do we stand on the gold neck detail? Gold over black? Black over gold? Gold sandwiched between two layers of black? ...???

I've been thinking about this a lot because I'm planning on re-doing my Russrep as a ANH Obi Stunt

From the ANH era Obi pics there is definitely a stunt with the brownish/brass neck & grey emmiter (2nd pic) but is it the V2 or V3??? Doesn't look to have a clamp on it

the stunt that looks to be the V2 (long lever pic 1&3) looks all black to me but I may well be wrong

when I painted my Starkiller all black I could see how light effects the finish (not that my pic really demonstrates :lol)

there is one pic from ROTJ where it looks like there's gold/brass on the neck on the Emperors chair but I can't see it in any other ROTJ pics or on the prop now so maybe it's a trick of the light?

I can't see why the v2 would ever have been repainted black post ANH especially given its condition around ESB & ROTJ

in short I don't know? But for now I'm planning my ANH stunt to be all black

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 164
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 199
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 175
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    446.3 KB · Views: 180
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 197

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back