Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

So I'm begining to grasp the v2... so where is this shared stunt in the flick? What are the differences?

Wondering if I only need a V2 and a hero to call myself a completist... then just save "shared stunt cash" for a reveal one day...

As far as I know, it's from the same family of casts that the V2 came from but minus the nipple and moving bits. It has a hole in the emitter and windvane and, from what I guess, it was to secure the blades that would be put in through the top.

Last edited:
The shared stunt was one of the fighting sabers in ROTJ. It was used in the UK shots. Indeed it was one of the same casting family as the v2. But the v2 was cleaned up on a lathe and a new pommel and emitter was machined for it. The shared stunt used the cast pieces. I don't think the shared stunt had a motor in it. But who knows?

Well I guess I'll just V2 this one, worry about stunt another time, if you or someone else takes on a casted version.

Right now I'm just stoked on this.

If you are going to use my diagram let me finish it properly. That was just done quickly.

I'd love to do a set of these, I just don't want to step on anyone's toes.

I figure once I get a good design, it'd take 3 weeks tops to get a set of say, 50? I have no idea how many we'd need...

However, instead of like last time where I just say "Hey here's my version of the clampcard" why don't I make a design, and submit it to you guys for feedback before we go ahead with production at the manufacturer?

Just tell me what you guys would like to do. I am game for whatever.

Are these the style of set screws we think are in this saber? (Emitter, etc) they're rusty but they're about 1/8 of an inch in diameter.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    798 KB · Views: 95
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    686.1 KB · Views: 86
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    832.2 KB · Views: 81
Cool, this is all so interesting. They used those on the Hero like saber and the recently unearthed anh stunt (albeit replaced wth those boots later)

To my eye, it looks as though the pommel cubes weren't cleaned up at all from the cast (maybe some quick file work). So I'm thinking the saber was cleaned up on a lathe, but no one bothered to mill down the roughness on the cubes. I'd be happy with a cast pommel cleaned up on a lathe if a cast run happens down the road.

I see what you're talking about. But Brandon has said that actually the pommel is a whole new machined piece. He said that the pommel actually slides inside the saber body, so he thinks that is wasn't part of the original casting.

Dan

I might be imprinting some of my shared stunt observations on to the V2 still. :lol It's such a revelation that the two stunt sabers are not as similar as we all once thought.

I don't wish to impugn Brandon's observation skills, but it would be great if a machinist in LA, like Kenny for example, could get a brief look at this beast.
Whatever the outcome, I'm content with the generous Q&A from Brandon, and Your ( Dan ) tight interpretation of this saber. I haven't been this excited for a saber run since the old days.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back