Lord Of The Rings Elven Armor

Heehee.....I still got your patterns for the armor tho' I'm sure it's not as good compared to your latest improved versions. ;) They looked a LOT better and more closer to the original IMHO.

Great job done there. :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Last_Chael @ Dec 6 2006, 10:36 AM) [snapback]1372636[/snapback]</div>
I've been on a bit of an armour kick lately, so I've decided to add the third age (helm's deep) armour to my to-do list :D
[/b]

Let me see, I had been on it for.....2 years? :eek: The Vest and Underskirt been hanging on my wardrobe since I did them 2 years ago. Seriously with my shape, I feel like putting it off for another year and just do the Elven Warrior first since I need it next Dec 2007 for my planned "Armored LOTR Characters" Group. :p Strangely, Elven Warrior feels more easier to do for me compared to the Elven Archers.

Thanks. The armor is made from high impact plastic finished to look like metal, like the ones in the film, with real leather strapping and trim. Very time consuming to cut, paint, and assemble, but very light and wearable.

I had to take the patterns down from my website when I started making copies to sell, and I've changed them considerably since the original prototype, which I had to sell to pay a vet bill when my dog was hit by a car. Lots of subtle changes to make it closer to the originals after additional research.

I'll be making a set completely in leather for a customer this spring, finished in green and gold just like this version, only with armor grade leather for the lames instead of plastic. Should be fun to make, but I don't envy the person who's going to wear it, I know how much heavier it's going to be compared to the 10 lb plastic version.

:D

~ GM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darth_Eagle @ Dec 7 2006, 02:38 AM) [snapback]1372748[/snapback]</div>
Let me see, I had been on it for.....2 years? :eek: The Vest and Underskirt been hanging on my wardrobe since I did them 2 years ago. Seriously with my shape, I feel like putting it off for another year and just do the Elven Warrior first since I need it next Dec 2007 for my planned "Armored LOTR Characters" Group. :p Strangely, Elven Warrior feels more easier to do for me compared to the Elven Archers.
[/b]

Yeah a friend of mine is trying to put together a LotR group, and I was trying to decide what to do for it. I want to make Arwen's Chase (I have the suede) or a few of Eowyn's dresses, but there are others whom I know already have these costumes. So I figured instead of putting it off, why not do the armour.

The second age elven warrior armour is pretty awesome. My friend was trying to convince me to do that with him. But There's something about the colours and the style of the third age archers that I just love. It does look harder, I admit, but I love a challenge.. :D I can't wait to start on it. I'd love to see yours when you're finished.

The second age elven warrior armour is pretty awesome. My friend was trying to convince me to do that with him. But There's something about the colours and the style of the third age archers that I just love. It does look harder, I admit, but I love a challenge.. :D I can't wait to start on it. I'd love to see yours when you're finished.

I would say, yes, the archer is very difficult. No walk in the park but the reward is breathtaking :

JoseElvishArmor.jpg

This little mamma took our team eight months to build. I was in charge of armor and weaponry (sculpting, molding, casting and finishing). The other half of the team (if she wants to speak up) was in charge of everything soft including the ever laboriously heinous leather scales.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back