Looking for a RC spinning device for an Exorcist head bust.

Odin82

Sr Member
Apologies if I'm in the wrong section.

I'm putting together a 1:1 exorcist bust of Regan. I'd love to be able to have the head rotate like in the movie via remote control, but can't seem to find anything suitable online. It could be a moment of brain fade on my behalf, but I'm hitting a wall on this. Just said I'd ask if any members here would know something suitable. At the moment, I have a Regan head/neck, which was going to be foam filled. I purchased a polystyrene mannequin head, that with some adapting, will be able to be placed in the head/neck bust. It would be cool to cut the polystyrene neck at the base of the shoulders, and place some motorised device attaching the two, to enable the head spin.

Anyone out there have suggestions?

Thank you :)

Last edited:
You could use a winch servo which allows movement past 180 degrees. Also have a look at modifying servos so that they fully rotate. Google should turn up plenty of results.

A modded 1/5 servo would work well here as Oz said. The key thing you need to look at is torque. You could also look into rc lathe motors. A 55t lathe motor would be too slow but you could get something like a 35t and be good to go as well.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back