Long Range Shuttle - Surak

Thanks for the feedback. Making time for this is hard these days but a little progress made on painting to show.

3 - Copy.jpg

2.jpg

I wonder if anyone ever did a smaller warp-sled…for a combo that might fit a shuttlebay. This sucker towers over a Runabout.

The Dockport craft as I have heard it called, used its wedge for re-entry…and the nacelles hybrid warp-impulse units not seen again until the Klingon Bird of Prey.

Wow, this is an incredible build. I’ve been on the RPF for ages and somehow missed this. Very impressive work and stamina. I’m looking forward to seeing more of your progress.

Always loved the violet/ purple shades on this model. You don't see it in the movie, at least I didn't, but it's cool to see the studio models colors. Great work on
this !

I wonder if anyone ever did a smaller warp-sled…for a combo that might fit a shuttlebay. This sucker towers over a Runabout.

The Dockport craft as I have heard it called, used its wedge for re-entry…and the nacelles hybrid warp-impulse units not seen again until the Klingon Bird of Prey.
There's a scaled down shuttle that is used as a Federation standard, but the warp sled section is only an external attachment, never in bays etc, as yeah, too damn big by far. 'IRL' this measures out at just under 50 meters in length for the sled.

The colors were greatly diminished, to Andy Probert's dismay, but there are hints of them in the final film. Sadly, the original has 'done a runner' and can't be researched.

The Galoob toy of this and the Art Asylum/Diamond Select Refit are about in scale with each other…though the Galoob might just fit the 1/537 if you scaled that up.

Nice job on your shuttle dbhs. Pattern /Camo markings look great. Color brings back that expression from years ago- - - “ Purple Haze”

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back