Logan (Post-release)

Happy ending is subjective isn't it? Given the nature of this character and where
he was at at the beginning of the film.
He went out in glory in a battle that greatly mattered, at the top of his game, his side was victorious
against great odds, he lived long enough to know that, he did not die alone, he was with his own blood when it happened.
He didn't fade away slowly in illness, forgotten and a has been, and "his people".. children... were saved.
His tale will be told for ages in epic terms, the children as they grow into adults
with their great powers will have seen the great example of THE WOLVERINE's sacrifice for them.

Any Klingon would call that a happy ending right?

The doc explains it all in the woods to Logan. They put stuff in the food to try to control the mutants population growth but it killed them off right out...guess Prof X and Caliban ate organic !?!
Not necessarily. We really don't know much about Caliban, so he might have been immune to whatever killed the rest of the mutants. And that food might have been responsible for Xavier's "seizures". I think the writers gave us just enough information to come to our own conclusions rather than spell it all out for us.

Not necessarily. We really don't know much about Caliban, so
he might have been immune to whatever killed the rest of the mutants. And that food might have been responsible for Xavier's "seizures". I think the writers gave us just enough information to come to our own conclusions rather than spell it all out for us.

Exactly lol .

They foreshadowed the food before the doc even explained it. Once on the radio at the beginning of the movie and the second time was when the Munson guy mentioned "super corn" and how it was in everything when they went to go turn on the water...That was a hint at what was to come.

X-24 didn't have Logan's healing factor naturally, he had to be constantly injected with the green stuff every now and then or else it would stop. That's why when he was stuck to that farming equipment, he wasn't healing anymore, the green juice wore off.

X-23 I think was young enough to where the food issue didn't affect her...It might later on given time but the others were exposed to it longer.

Just saw that Logan got nominated for an Oscar for Best Adapted Screenplay. Probably doesn't have great odds, but I believe its the first comic book movie to get a screenplay nomination.

I finally got around to watching this because almost no channel ever has it on. Anyway I've seen all the X-Men movies, but it feels like I'm missing something when this started. Why are all the mutants gone? What happened to the X-Men? It's like watching the SW Sequel movies where you are thrown in and don't know WTH is going on. It was a good movie though.

I finally got around to watching this because almost no channel ever has it on. Anyway I've seen all the X-Men movies, but it feels like I'm missing something when this started. Why are all the mutants gone? What happened to the X-Men? It's like watching the SW Sequel movies where you are thrown in and don't know WTH is going on. It was a good movie though.

It's never explicitly explained what happened, but hints are dropped throughout that the people funding the Reavers and the experiments on the kids put something out in the food and water that gradually eliminated the X-gene in the population at large.

It's never explicitly explained what happened, but hints are dropped throughout that the people funding the Reavers and the experiments on the kids put something out in the food and water that gradually eliminated the X-gene in the population at large.
This. And although it didn't kill Charles Xavier or Logan, it did affect their special mutant abilities, i.e., Charles occasionally loses control of his mental powers and Logan's ability to heal almost immediately is compromised which is allowing the Adamantium to poison him.

As someone who paid pretty much zero attention to the previous couple X-Men films, I thought the answer to where the mutants were was plain as day and laid out just fine.

Charles killed the X-Men with one of his seizures in what they refer to several times as “the event back east” or something to that effect.

Then the genetically engineered corn that’s being used in the corn syrup suppresses the mutant gene, so very very few of them are being born.

Granted I watched this on regular tv, so some of it may have been cut out, but I don't remember hearing anything about corn. I know they kept referencing an even back east, but I just assumed it was the first time he lost control and had a seizure like he had in the movie.

Granted I watched this on regular tv, so some of it may have been cut out, but I don't remember hearing anything about corn. I know they kept referencing an even back east, but I just assumed it was the first time he lost control and had a seizure like he had in the movie.

“Well, no. Since Logan is all about getting the ending you didn't want, Rice reveals that he wiped out an entire species in the most pathetic, passive, matter-of-fact fashion possible: Having isolated the X-Gene and found a way to isolate the mutation itself, Rice used Transigen's industrial connections to disseminate the isolating-agents worldwide as a "harmless" additive in sports drinks, fast food and sodas - in no time at all effectively "innoculating" the human race against the X-Gene. Yes, that's the deep dark secret at the heart of Logan: Global genocide, carried out through the equivalent of high-fructose corn syrup.”

“As Pierce holds Rictor at gunpoint, Rice tells Logan, who killed Rice's father years ago at the Weapon X facility, that no new mutants have been born due to a virus created by Transigen and distributed through the world's food supply, also causing the decay of Logan's healing factor.”

If I remember correctly, the plan was basically laid out directly by Rice in a speech he gave...like, plain as day.

***EDIT***

Yup, pretty easy to follow.

Go to 1:40 or so.

You have to check it out on Blu-ray!! This is my 3rd favorite X film

Xmen2
Days of future past
Logan

It’s gotta be the goriest x film to date! The opening scene is crazy, then the hotel scene...

The only thing that was a let down for me was the wolverine clone.. how many times are we gonna see wolverine fight a mirror..

Sabertooth
Lady death strike
Wolvy Clone

I was really hopefully for omega red, really liked him in the books

But i seriously love this film

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back