Licensed Batman Related Leather Goods. Batman Arkham Knight, REVEAL 10/03

Re: It's Official. We got the Batman License. UPDATED 3/25

I don't ride so the body armor is not necessary for me, but I certainly wouldn't want my want to override the needs of others to have these be functional.

I just want to know about the sizing... how small would your small be? I tried to purchase jackets a while back and every single small I found (and even an extra small) fit me like a large, coming down past my inseam. I've had to start purchasing leather jackets from the '70s just to find something that fit me thanks to the ever-increasing waist size of Americans.

I simply need to know that you'd have something available in my size.

We're still entertaining this idea, maybe an option for purchasing BW jacket variants? That is the direction we're going with the DK jacket and pants. At this point, we are seriously considering options....and further input from you folks will help us decide. :)

Rimma, David,

I, for one, would be very interested in an all-black TDK jacket/pants combo (just like the coloration of the mutant). Is there any possibility of that kind of variant given the process by which you are integrating the kevlar and making the faux chain mail?

Holy moly, that is truly awesome news, my hearty congratulations.

I'm going to have to go buy a bike now, just so i can wear that awesome bat suit from your blueprints!!!

Wonder if i'd still look good on a chopper or a BMX perhaps?!?!?!? Every boys dream!!!! I'll provide my own cape.

I just wanted to post some teasers of what's to come. :)

Here's a look at one of the Joker Goon Jacket details...the face is approx 12 inches high.

FinalPrintedfaceOK.jpg

Other designs, like this one below feature fully removable inner linings. Warmer weather....remove the lining. Getting cooler out there???....just zip the lining back inside for extra warmth....and other styles have removable fur collars as well.
For those wondering about protective body armor...there will be several garment designs that incorporate full CE approved armor padding. What's important to note is that all of the high impact body armor is easily removable as it fits neatly inside of custom pockets to contain it all. Taking out the armor is as simple as taking your cell phone out of your pocket. Lots of little details and customizing have gone into each and every one of the garments we're launching and there will be several different styles to choose from.

lining.jpg

We're almost there. Keep an eye on the website. :)

Rimma

Re: It's Official. We got the Batman License. UPDATED 4/24

Another little update. Dave's own words this time copied from another board. :)

This post is in reference to the jacket image shown..

MockUpimage5.jpg

Yes this image is photoshopped, but it's what the finished jacket looks like or will look like upon final assembly. :)

We've taken TDK rubber suit and transformed it into a wearable leather suit...with all the details down to the translucent kevlar inserts. That mock up image is pretty faithful to what the actual garment is. I want our leather replica to look identical to the screen used suit...with the consideration that it's leather instead of rubber. We've faced some technical challenges that required some design changes, but they're minimal at best.
Everything down to the gauntlets, which at this point is undecided if they'll be removable or permanently attached. I'm working on things like that now but it's all there...all faithful and practical from a wearers perspective. Kevlar inserts, removable CE body armor, and much much more.

Same for the pants....

The gloves are also 100% exact to the screen used ones but we took them up a notch and made the knuckle forms high impact suitable for motorcycle use.

The boots have been no less difficult or complex than the rest of the suit. Having seen and studied the screen used ones in person, I can say that they're more complex than what we've been able to see from some of the tour suits. That said, we've made them entirely from scratch. Nothing was left to chance...and maybe I was a little too concerned with screen accuracy here but I figured we've taken this license this far...might as well do the same regarding the boots and call it a day. :)

The Bruce Wayne Leather motorcycle jacket will come with a twist...and various options.

The Joker Goon jackets...different styles to choose from...some very detailed and others a little more subtle...but all Joker!!!
....and let's just say that the 89 fans have a treat coming.:)

And...it wont stop here.....there's much much more on the drawing table and once the replica line is out, the DC Comics Batman outerwear will be released too.

Oh and dont think for one minute that we've forgotten about what brought this new franchise to life....The Batman Begins Replica leather outerwear Line is not far away either.:)

All this just to say that THAT image up there isn't the real jacket... :geez

David

I'm sure that's not the last of it either...I'm pretty sure some actual images are next. :)

Rimma

Rimma,
I hope you and the kids get to see him when he's not exhausted.

Are you guys going to be at the Toronto Fan Expo at the end of August?

Perhaps with some different items to try on?:love

TFrosst,
Yes, we'll be at the Fan Expo. :)
Looks like we'll be at SDCC too...but more on that later. :angel

Thanks again Jedistine.:)

GROUPED.jpg

Rimma

Holy Crap Batman, I'll have to buy a motorcycle just so I can get a suit to wear while I'm riding it... then I'll have to make a helmet with pointy ears... :lol

GREAT job!

If your jacket look HALF as good as that photo, then I will buy one! This project is amazing brother. Can you give us a hint of when we will see photos of the Dark Knight Jacket? Just a best guess what month? Are we talking Summer or Winter before you show us photos of the actual jacket?

Thanks. I really hope I can add one of these to my closet! (y)thumbsup:thumbsup

---Chuck

MockUpimage5.jpg

All this just to say that THAT image up there isn't the real jacket... :geez

David[/I]

I'm sure that's not the last of it either...I'm pretty sure some actual images are next. :)

Rimma

....Whhyyy soo SERIOUS?

WSSerious.jpg

There's also a removable black fur collar but it's under the Joker face patch. :)

...more Goon Jacket styles on the way. :)

Rimma

If your jacket look HALF as good as that photo, then I will buy one! This project is amazing brother. Can you give us a hint of when we will see photos of the Dark Knight Jacket? Just a best guess what month? Are we talking Summer or Winter before you show us photos of the actual jacket?

Thanks. I really hope I can add one of these to my closet! (y)thumbsup:thumbsup

---Chuck

We're very close with the final TDK Batman Leather Costume Replica. It wont be much longer now. :)

Rimma

Last edited:

Coolness.

Will the clear-and-kevlar pieces also be removable parts of the removable armor or will they be mounted permanently?

Wow...you managed to mix equal parts of Batman 1989 and The Dark Knight...and make it completely awesome.

Wow...you managed to mix equal parts of Batman 1989 and The Dark Knight...and make it completely awesome.

You guys are great, and right on the money DudeManGuy! Thank You!

Here's a few more.... Just don't mind the uber bright camera flash which brightens up the color and washes out the details somewhat. As noted above, this is our nod of respect to the 89 flick. The base jacket pattern is 100% exact down to every stitch.. :) ...but the artwork and patches are based on Heath's wonderful performance in TDK.

Goon1PurplefrontflashBLACKBACKGROUN.jpg

Here's a peek of this jacket without the collar...

Sidefrontproto.jpg

This is a more accurate look at the purple leather color. Neat lining huh? It hadn't been pressed when these pics were taken so the lining was still all wrinkled.

OrangeliningBLACK.jpg

For the more conservative Goons, this one will also be available in black leather...and black lining. :)

The Bruce Wayne Motorcycle Jacket is fully lined with CE approved body armor...and it's fully removable for those that want more or less protection....or none at all for just everyday wearing.

FinalOK.jpg

Mannie Bothans,
I'm still considering what parts of the armor can or should be removable...such as the gauntlets for instance, but none of the kevlar sections themselves are removable. This jacket is very complex...actually the pants are no walk in the park either, but I want to keep the finished goods as simple to wear as humanly possible. The gauntlet issue is more for those needing to adjust the sleeve lengths and things of that nature but we'll all know soon enough. :)

Both Rimma and I are truly grateful for the kind words. Thanks again.

David

David,

Can you tell us when we will see the Dark Knight jacket top? Some of us are too far away from Comic Con. I just wanted to know when we might see the real thing, well - photos from you that is! haha

Chuck

You guys are great, and right on the money DudeManGuy! Thank You!
Both Rimma and I are truly grateful for the kind words. Thanks again.

David

Great work guys. The pics are living up to all the descriptions so far. I really think these are going to be great

TFrosst,
Thank you for your continued support and we're very happy to hear you say that. :thumbsup

David,

Can you tell us when we will see the Dark Knight jacket top? Some of us are too far away from Comic Con. I just wanted to know when we might see the real thing, well - photos from you that is! haha

Chuck

The Dark Knight Batman Costume-Replica Leather Jacket and Pants are almost ready. I know I use words like 'almost' and 'soon' rather frequently but these garments truly are like nothing else ever attempted. Technical complexities aside, they're also classified as 'movie replicas' so they have to look like what was seen on film. Simply put, we're very close and you wont have to wait until SDCC to see them...we go live in a few short weeks on www.udreplicas.com with everything including these items here...

Just to give you an idea of how complicated 'yet accurate' we're trying to maintain this motorcycle suit...here's a peek at TDK Batman Costume-Replica Leather Pant...Which also features removable CE approved motorcycle body armor sections.

Kevlarblack.jpg

There's also a pretty good look at the black on black Kevlar sandwiched inside and under our custom made clear high-impact armor plates.

That's about as big of a tease as I can give. :) As I mentioned above, more details will be added to the website in the next short while.

...now, just picture TDK Batman Costume-Replica Leather Jacket. :)

Rimma

Re: It's Official. We got the Batman License. UPDATED 5/11

Rimma, David,

Do you by any chance know even a ballpark price for the TDK jacket/pants?

- Douglas

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back