Let's see your Vader Reveal set

Seems like nobody wants to cast these.Micdavis wrote me a while back and I responded but he never followed up. Ive actually contacted Sarge on it a couple of times but nothing firmed up and it sounds like the folks contacted here are particularly interested. I think teh problem is teh whole at cost thing. More then likely nobody wants essentially do this for cost. I guess my thing is ive got thousands invested and Im not ging to see anything out of this except a casting so why should other folks profit. I dunno....

re. the dynode sizes: thank you :D the measurements will be a great help to me.

Good luck.

Seems like nobody wants to cast these.Micdavis wrote me a while back and I responded but he never followed up. Ive actually contacted Sarge on it a couple of times but nothing firmed up and it sounds like the folks contacted here are particularly interested. I think teh problem is teh whole at cost thing. More then likely nobody wants essentially do this for cost. I guess my thing is ive got thousands invested and Im not ging to see anything out of this except a casting so why should other folks profit. I dunno....

I've both thought and said for many years that the reveal project was a cursed affair. That's no doubt subjective and maybe a bit dramatic but I can't count how many other props have had fantastic success over the years here on the rpf in areas ranging from obscure parts that were identified and found (the Obi-Wan Ep. IV saber and pretty much all the Boba Fett detailing come to mind as popular examples) to runs of parts that weren't any more difficult, time consuming, or expensive to produce than would be the reveal mask parts, yet the rpf version of the reveal has always seemed to languish. I say the rpf version since others found elsewhere, ebay most prevalently, have always seemed to do well. They've not necessarily been reflections of precision but they've done well nonetheless...

At any rate, I can very easily understand your quandary but I can also see where those with a non-vested interest wouldn't queue up to do it for free. :unsure

It will be a real shame if nothing happens from this. I'm very impressed by your generosity. Have you asked if there's anyone over at the prop den who might be interested in taking this project on?

Dan

Here´s a link to my reveal Vader projekt i started 1997:
http://www.starwars-union.de/sw/fan_makinganakinreveal
I think I had the first movie accurate DV reveal mask replica that was completed to that point.
BR Jörg

So you're the guy behind that! I've seen references to your mask and Anakin sculpt many times but didn't know who they belonged to. The Anakin head is really nice but perhaps could do with less of a "happy" look about him. Still, great work and a nice replica. :thumbsup

So you're the guy behind that! I've seen references to your mask and Anakin sculpt many times but didn't know who they belonged to. The Anakin head is really nice but perhaps could do with less of a "happy" look about him. Still, great work and a nice replica. :thumbsup

Hi JME3, thanks for your warm words and your critiques. Yes, It´s me.
My intension was to sculpt that face with a happy smile (because of the freedom not to wear this cursed mask any more), but sad smile, because he knows, he has to die and because of all the things he did. I think the smile Anakin Skywalker gave to his son was his most heroic and human thing, he ever shared.

But I have to admit, that I did a new and more improved sculpt of the Anakin head. Because at this time I had been under enormous time pressure because I had to do this silicone head in between many many other business sculpting projects, that I was living from, so that it was ready for Jedi Con 2004. But the new sculpt is a neutral one and it is not finished, yet. This new one is not a cross between the ESB back of the head and the ROTJ Shaw make up. Star Wars projects have always been very good finger practising exercises as you can see here for example http://thepropden.aokforums.com/impressive-vt2434.html. It´s about me building 300 12 inch Star Wars Stop motion figures for my feature lengh movie "Powerplay of forces" taht played between ANH and ROTJ, I did from 1987 to 96 - but my focus is now more on my own inventions.

My intension was to sculpt that face with a happy smile (because of the freedom not to wear this cursed mask any more), but sad smile, because he knows, he has to die and because of all the things he did. I think the smile Anakin Skywalker gave to his son was his most heroic and human thing, he ever shared.

In that case I'd say you've succeeded nicely.

But I have to admit, that I did a new and more improved sculpt of the Anakin head.

I'd like to see your results whenever you've finished. I've wanted one of these for a long time and I'm sure others would be interested to see it as well.

Star Wars projects have always been very good finger practising exercises as you can see here for example http://thepropden.aokforums.com/impressive-vt2434.html.

I'm not a member there so unfortunately I'm not seeing anything from your link but I'm sure it's stellar. :thumbsup

Hi JME3 thank you again:)
unfortunately I´m not able to post pictures in the internet. But I can send you some pics, if you want to. You can find my Email adress also on www.steegmueller-skulpturen.de where you can see my portfolio including my old Yoda puppet I did in 2002 and also pictures and infos (unfortunately in German) about "Powerplay of forces". Warm regards, Jörg Steegmüller

Hi JME3 thank you again:)
unfortunately I´m not able to post pictures in the internet. But I can send you some pics, if you want to. You can find my Email adress also on www.steegmueller-skulpturen.de where you can see my portfolio including my old Yoda puppet I did in 2002 and also pictures and infos (unfortunately in German) about "Powerplay of forces". Warm regards, Jörg Steegmüller

Thanks Jorg. I'll definitely check it out. :)

Here's my Vader reveal, probably my favorite props of all time:

Vader_reveal1.jpg

Vader_reveal2.jpg

Vader_reveal3.jpg

Vader_reveal4.jpg

Vader_reveal5.jpg

Vader_reveal6.jpg

Vader_reveal7.jpg

While I'm not the biggest Darth Vader fan out there, I have to say this thing kicks major a*#!!! The price on these things always scares me :eek

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back