leitPROPS Batman Begins and TDK/R linked resin hero belt!! (IMPORTANT NOTE!! below)

Re: leitPROPS Batman Begins and TDK/R linked resin hero belt!! (IMPORTANT NOTE!! bel

waiting to see more on this looks good

Re: leitPROPS Batman Begins and TDK/R linked resin hero belt!! (IMPORTANT NOTE!! bel

This is the best belt I have ever seen! So excited to see it finished with all the accessories! Hopefully able to get a hold of one!!!

Hi Everyone!

I'm so thankful to all of you for the positivity! And I apologize profusely for the lack of updates.

This is what I can say to date. I've been working hard to perfect the molding process for these. I want it done right, everything will be box molded, not just the necessary parts, but EVERYTHING, which means I will not be relying on my hand to finish of the backs of pieces from flat molds. Every piece will come out identical. Also have figured out how to get little to no flashing again meaning less prep work and variance from piece to piece. It was important to me because I spent considerable time initially on the masters, why rush the molding process and get inferior pulls.

Second, I've received some ferrous metal powders to test in cold casting the rails. I am very hopeful it will solve the problem of attaching the begins accessories while eliminating the need for machining metal rails and upping costs in the process.

My hope is to share images of a few molds this weekend, and pulls from those molds early next week....so stay tuned.

Addressing the expressed interest in the project. I'm pretty certain, but may be wrong, that I am not allowed to discuss sales in the main forum, but I can say that there have already been numerous inquiries via personal email that will receive information first. I would recommend emailing me personally at leiter28@gmail.com if interested in the project so you can be personally notified of progress.

To answer the question of a black version. I have not entertained the idea personally. My interest is in recreating as accurately as possible the film belts. I was however approached about doing a batman beyond "black" version because the belt apparently lends itself well to the look. Long story short, I'd prefer not to do custom color schemes as this would complicate the process, but if there's enough interest and we could come to an agreement on the look colors and finishes involved I am certainly willing to go for it.

Cheers!

Johann

These look absoulitly amazing. Looking forward to more progress.

«wakes up»

What!?!? is this thing still happening? don't scare me like that!

Ha Ha,

Yes, still happening. Goal for the first run of these things will be halloween. Here's a little teaser I've been working on.

9611989098_698ec3440d_o.jpg

the finish is amazing in my opinion...can't muster much better. Main buckle color is perfect. Bezel needs less bronze, and buttons need to be darkened up. Here's the version I was going for...

9612011986_703a3a4152_o.jpg

Cheers!!

Johann,

I am blown away, this is looking sweet.

I am looking forward to the finished product !!!

Amazing professional workmanship. I am impressed.

Absolutely amazing - looking forward to the run!

Very interested, email sent and subscribed!

Amazing work!

Subscribed! !

im jealous..... I must has this for my batman beyond costume. albeit id have to paint it. but its worth it. perhaps I will get a second one as well, just for a show piece or future dark knight suit. to leiter22: would you be able to sell me a couple belts? with covered with the cylinder like pouches instead of the square ones to give it that "beyond" look?

You should add pictures of the finished belt to this thread

Thanks to Leiter, finally have some containers to go in my case. The foam is still my test set while I finish designing its replacement that will be professionally machine cut.

He did a great job matching the container color to the belt buckle.

Thanks buddy :)

picture-26.png

Does this mean he msay be close to offering full belts?

Last edited:

im jealous..... I must has this for my batman beyond costume. albeit id have to paint it. but its worth it. perhaps I will get a second one as well, just for a show piece or future dark knight suit. to leiter22: would you be able to sell me a couple belts? with covered with the cylinder like pouches instead of the square ones to give it that "beyond" look?

Hey man, so sorry I've been away. Shoot me an email to leiter28@gmail.come and we can discuss ;-)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back