Kylo Ren Voice Changer HELMET (not mask)

Coming along nice. Are you going to hide those speaker holes, or leave them?

I filled them with syntactic dough, but left it slightly indented. I have a cool plan I haven't seen done yet which I've noticed on the Hero helmet, I just don't have the time to mask off the chrome right now.

Your mask looks awesome! I should of down hat you did for the chrome weathering. I also ended up picking up charcoal colored aluminum window screen from lowes for $6. Added 4 layer of it for proper black out and then spray painted it satin black. Happy with the look. Would for sure go with fiberglass next time.

IMG_1858.jpg

Thanks Sharkguy ! Your helmet looks very nice as well!

For the chrome weathering, I just brushed it down with some acetone to get the tarnished look on the cheek area. I didn't really want to sand or paint the chrome down itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just so you guys know, GameStop sells them online as well. I bought mine last week and ups is dropping it off tomorrow :D

Disney store and Ent earth still go them. I just ordered last week and my bs helmet came today from Disney store online.
Just so you guys know, GameStop sells them online as well. I bought mine last week and ups is dropping it off tomorrow :D

Disney store isn't the BS version, or else they're out. Others are out as well. :( Quick scan of Ebay, looks like folks are just scooping them up to resell.

Hasbro.com gave a few local leads though, might go check a few BM stores tomorrow.

Has any one else noticed how Kylo Ren's helmet has 3 different mask variants that are shown through out the film, there is the normal one we all know, there is the Interigator version, which has the oversized out part of the mask instead of the second layer with the 3 groves in the nose, and also the version we see him in first the Indimidator,
I've seen people talk about the Interigator version but no mention of the first version the Intimidator,
(Yes I've made those names up but that's what I've been calling them)
min the image I've posted, it was the only one I could find but the lower half is quite different almost looks a bit longer?
any way just though I'd ask if there are any beter references as I plan on making all 3

I noticed that when I first saw the movie. The faceplate changes between cuts too. I'm guessing some of the footage was early work and then they reshot some of that scene later on again with a newer mask?

Great work on modifying your black series masks guys :)

Just got mine from GameStop :)

image.jpegimage.jpeg

I already started gutting it a bit lol

Size is is actually a lot better than I was thinking it might be! And speaking of size, for those of you considering the half mask version with the voice changer:

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Yeah...its considerably smaller...one of the reasons I was a bit concerned about the full helmet size. The proportions are a lot different also.

Lastly, i really want to give props to those like Mr Mold Maker who have done such amazing work modding theirs...because from what I can see, it wasn't easy lol. There's a lot to do.

Does anyone have the measurements (height, width, depth) of the black series helmet?

Well I did some kinda crappy pics of it (it's really hard doing the measurements and taking pics with my ginormous iPad)

Also it's in inches so sorry if you're metric :)
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

My question is,is that display was made from screenused props? Because it can be a Black Series helmet also,and not a screen-used one :D
Is there any pictures from the helmet without the hood on? Just because of this : Here is Sithcamero's size comparison picture with his own made helmet,and the reference picture form the movie,and the Black Series. It can clearly seen,that is difference in not just size,but in shape also between the BS and the screen used. So....
View attachment 572876

Kylo C.jpg

I think whatever lens you take pics with can affect some of these pics. The best to use for reference so that there isn't a lot of lens distortion is a 50mm prime. as our eyes see close to that from what I've read.

This pic of my modded helmet was shot at 50, and the flare in the back isn't as small yet isn't as drastic as those pics show. I think the Black Series is a really good start.

Last edited:
image.jpeg

Here is my (almost) finished helmet.

I have been PMd a few times on here and on the Knights Of Ren Facebook group about the texture and wanted to publicly explain it instead of answering the same PM 50 times. :lol

I used Kylon Fine Stone Texture Charcoal for the base texture, and Hammered Black on top. When the paint had fully cured I lightly wet sanded away the loose stone texture. I feel like I got a good representation of the movie helmet, as well as the Anovos helmet, so I am quite happy.

Hope this helps someone, good luck with your BS mods!

Did you just mask off the entire front area of the chrome lines when painting or did you painstakingly mask each spot where the chrome was?

Looks flippin' amazing!!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Did you just mask off the entire front area of the chrome lines when painting or did you painstakingly mask each spot where the chrome was?

Looks flippin' amazing!!!

Thanks!

I just removed the chrome face before painting. It just unscrews from the rest of the helmet.

I will go back in by hand and do the black bands at some point in the future. :)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back