Kong: Skull Island (Post-release)

Re: Kong: Skull Island

I got to ride the new Kong ride at a soft opening in June. The proportions of what you see in the trailer and poster are so oversized compared to what you see in the new ride. I guess I thought that they would want to have the same proportions so that way people would see the movie and want to come ride the ride and vice versa. But hey what do I know.

This looks like fun!
Does it takes place in the '60s-'70s?
Looks like Vietnam era uniforms and gear.

*edit: read article. answered own question.

I got to ride the new Kong ride at a soft opening in June. The proportions of what you see in the trailer and poster are so oversized compared to what you see in the new ride. I guess I thought that they would want to have the same proportions so that way people would see the movie and want to come ride the ride and vice versa. But hey what do I know.

IIRC, the new ride is loosely based off the Peter Jackson film + the other ride in California.

This was a really crappy trailer in my opinion. The tone goes from serious and menacing, to goofy and back again. John C Reilly cant be taken seriously, and what the hell is with Kong? He looks like Amy from Congo. I was super excited to see this and now Im bummed. Even if its just a crappy trailer, Peter Jacksons Kong had much more personality than this one. Granted its just one trailer, but still. Not feeling it. I hope Godzilla kicks the crap out of him.

This was a really crappy trailer in my opinion. The tone goes from serious and menacing, to goofy and back again. John C Reilly cant be taken seriously, and what the hell is with Kong? He looks like Amy from Congo. I was super excited to see this and now Im bummed. Even if its just a crappy trailer, Peter Jacksons Kong had much more personality than this one. Granted its just one trailer, but still. Not feeling it. I hope Godzilla kicks the crap out of him.

I'm with you.
It was all over the place and in my opinion showed way too much Kong.

I think it looks great, but I could see how a few mis-steps could really ruin it. JC Reilly's "humor" strikes me as potentially one of those mis-steps.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back