JURASSIC WORLD Owen Grady Costume

image.jpgimage.jpg

Here are my J Brands from Nordstrom. Very nice pants to wear!

I was surprised I got them at all! Eastland's aren't found in Canada, and finding a US company who had them in in my size and color, and who actually shipped to Canada, was a nightmare-nothing worse than the words "does not ship to Vancouver" every time you try to order from Amazon. Com. This time, however, I lucked out. And yeah, I prefer suede, and it was the right color. Gunsmoke, by the way.

And just a note to future Eastland buyers-some people have said the boots fit a bit big-I bought my normal size, and they fit quite well. I think if I went down even a half size, they might have been uncomfortable. Just sayin'.

And just a note to future Eastland buyers-some people have said the boots fit a bit big-I bought my normal size, and they fit quite well. I think if I went down even a half size, they might have been uncomfortable. Just sayin'.

Good to know, thanks

My girlfriend noticed my grey and blue shirts, and asked why I bought both. I showed her the reference pictures I have saved on my phone, explaining that the color "changes" throughout the film thanks to lighting and filters.

Then she goes "I thought his shirt was blue with the raptors, and then he went back home, Claire visited him, told him he smelled, then he changed into grey."

I had to think about that for a while! I think the filter is still pretty blue when he's inspecting the paddock or else I'd buy into that theory!

For the boots, are we 100% sure on re-soled daily doubles? The more I look at the stitching in the screen grabs, the more i think we are looking at the wrong boot...

well guys my costume isn't 100% accurate, nor is it finished but I went to a local Mini-Con here in Chesapeake VA called Fantasci. My (knock-off) G-Shock is still making it through the US mail system so i didn't have that and right now I cant afford any of the Leather Vests yet so I rocked the a stand in one for today. I figured you all would atleast get a kick out of the pics i took. (FYI although i do have the blue Orvise shirt but in both of the images below I am wearing the Gray one and they were each taken with standard lighting. I definitely see a very slight blue hue to the pic that was taken out side in my front yard)

This is my current set up.

10411840_10155844141670534_1173069972451798621_n.jpg

Here i am with my props. (Original Jurassic Park T-Rex and Velociraptor toys. I also had my US Airborn Cricket clicker but that was in my pocket.

11760139_10153193117658800_7354949682372567070_n.jpg

This was a last minute addition. I wore the badge on my vest with the right side of the image below facing out and when you flipped it over you would see the image on the left.

11221303_10155844191000534_1655632604748127354_n.jpg

I must admit that I didn't find a template but I did a google image search for a Jurrassic World ID badge. When I found one that looked decent I put it in powerpoint and layered my pic over Chris Pratt's image. After that I sized it up to match a standard ID badge size, and printed both images out on normal paper. After that I just cut them outand stuck them in an old con badge holder. I dont want to take undue credit for someone elses hard work so I will definateley look into buying a real one latter. This particular badge I literally made right before I walked out of my front door And assembled it on the ride over to the con.

Last edited:
For the boots, are we 100% sure on re-soled daily doubles? The more I look at the stitching in the screen grabs, the more i think we are looking at the wrong boot...

For what it's worth, Chris Pratt appeared on Good Morning Britain for a promo etc. Looking at the stills, I can't be sure, but those in the know might be able to tell: the same boots, maybe? More pictures here
2923CCF300000578-3101012-image-m-59_1432825865198.jpg

For what it's worth, Chris Pratt appeared on Good Morning Britain for a promo etc. Looking at the stills, I can't be sure, but those in the know might be able to tell: the same boots, maybe? More pictures here
View attachment 506437

Not the same boots- you can see detail stitching along the top and the boot squares off at the toe like a traditional pair of men's cowboy boots. However, I have also been looking around and noticed a lot of boots match the style of Owen's in the movie. I still think Eastland's line up in almost every regard but I have seen several with the elastic woven in the same pattern and such.

Not the same boots- you can see detail stitching along the top and the boot squares off at the toe like a traditional pair of men's cowboy boots. However, I have also been looking around and noticed a lot of boots match the style of Owen's in the movie. I still think Eastland's line up in almost every regard but I have seen several with the elastic woven in the same pattern and such.

Cool. Hope that hasn't muddied the waters, I didn't know if he'd been given some after filming - some of the shots and the texture looked the same.

image.jpg

The boots seem pretty close to the exhibed ones...

Last edited:
Did you already have the Marlin, or was this a nice excuse to pick up another gun? :D It is a beaut!

Now...make some resin casts and sell em. :devil

Nice excuse. Picked up a UTS-15 also. Figured if the dino's ever came back to the mainland I would need something that packs a punch.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back