Jobs (Post-release)

That was not expected coming from him, maybe playing Jobs allowed Kutcher to tap into Steve's reality distortion field :lol
Seriously though, that was a good speech, there may be more to the guy than meets the eye.

GROAN.

As I suspected instead of being a real bio pic it's clearly going to be a stroke fest for Jobs. "One man can start a revolution" "One innovator"...

BS. Jobs was a genius business man and you can never take that away from him but his success is in marketing and capitalizing on other people's work.

Again, NOTHING wrong with that and Apple wouldn't be what it is today without him but to build him up as some kind of tech God is nonsense. That's like saying George Lucas is a brilliant writer and director. NO. He's one of the greatest producers of all time though.

On a side note, looks like Ashton pulls it off well.

I expect this to be a revisionist version of history where Steve did everything and the world was against him.

Yeah this is going to be his butt being kissed so hard is shines from start to finish. It's like watching a movie on Lincoln, you only get the parts everyone likes and none of the bad stuff. I hope it gets over with soon as i'm sick of the commercials every 5 minutes.

You guys realize this film has already made the rounds at festivals and art houses, right? If you're concerned about it being one thing or another there are plenty of reviews that will tell you whether or not you're right without any speculation.

Wozniak himself has seen the film already, and -- if I remember correctly -- praised Josh Gad for his portrayal of himself and chided the film for making Jobs "too visionary." He mentioned that one scene in which Jobs claims that everyone needs to have a computer because of how much they could change the world was actually more in line with Woz's philosophy (he wanted to give the design away for free and sell circuit boards at cost to get computers into the hands of as many people as possible) than Jobs', but understands why they did it...because it's a film.

...and if you haven't already seen the makeup they did for Kutcher's portrayal of "older Jobs" I highly recommend checking it out, it's scarily accurate.

-Nick

Nothing would part Jobs from his cash. Wozniak tried to get him to help out with the US Festival and jobs acted like he was being mugged but it did wonders for getting Apple's products in front of tons of folks as they had them set up there around the festival.

So it is kutcher in the iPod introduction scene we get a glimpse of in the trailer ? I though it was a cg model or something !

So Steve Jobs was more a marketing whiz than true innovator. Big deal.
Bill Gates was a complete con-man, thug and robber baron. It's amazing how much Bill has been able to bury his legacy today.

Damn, he looks just like him. If he can act like him too, they should hire him for the Apple keynotes, it's not the same with Cook... He was not only a marketing genius, he also was a great communicator, just watch one of his keynotes !

I'm very skeptical about Ashton's performance. He's never come across as anything but a vacuous clod in anything he's ever been in.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back