JFcustom's FOAM files

JF I am having an issue with the unfolds because the pieces overlap pages and the borders are not outlined so how do I know where to cut when combining multiple pages together?

I am sure JFcustom could answer this better, when I printed out my Pred Bio, there supposed to be lines that allow you to line up the pages. I obviously didn't check this setting and didn't have them on my pages. So what I did was to over lap the pages to the points where the lines of the template matched and taped them in place. I was then able to cut out the parts and lay them on the foam for tracing.

The simplest way is to... flip your pages and reprint.

As a reminder :
printalignmentmarks.gif

JF, these Stormtrooper files are great and make for a really simple and quick build!
I've decided to create a build thread for this one as I've not seen many Foam Stormtroopers done.
I've made a lot of progress in only one day of building (2days if you count cutting the templates)

http://www.therpf.com/f79/quick-foam-stormtrooper-armour-build-200623/

Attachments

• storm2.png
    storm2.png
    859.9 KB · Views: 6,550
  • storm1.png
    storm1.png
    938 KB · Views: 7,901
Hello, I've just read through your first post and I probably found the best foam builiding guide out there. I want my costume to be ready before 21st of March 2014 and even though I don't have either children or full-time job (still studying), I think with my skills it will take some time to complete my Iron Man MKVI armor, so speed-building method is something for me.

But I have one question. How much centimetres is required to add to my height to achieve perfect-fitting armor? I'm 184 cm/71 kg and adjusted scale to 187 cm person, just in case. I decided to start with something little, like fingers. And after I made foam parts, only thumb fit perfecly. Other felt either too thight or couldn't put them on at all. And I know I wouldn't put them on bare hands, most likely glue them on a glove, along with palms and knuckles. Is there a way to avoid this? I don't want to waste either foam or paper making over-sized or too small parts.

Oh, and thanks for a tip where to buy foam. Now I'm using 2x1m EVA 5mm thick foam, but I paid for it 40$ plus shipping, while in Decathon 1,4x0,5 6,5 mm thick fitness mat (which is i guess also EVA foam, but less dense) cost just 5$. And It's available in red, so it will be easier to cut parts out of foam. Cutting parts traced by black marker on a black foam is a pain in the butt.

JF,

Thanks for the great files and all your hard work is appreciated!

Any chance you have or know of foam files for Scout Troopers? I have complete files for regular pep, but would rather create out of foam (Trying to get 2 scouts done by Fan Expo Canada in 2014).

Thanks again!

Should have all of JFs Stormtrooper armour built on Monday (I won't be doing anything tomorrow). Then it's on to sealing and painting.

Attachments

• storm4.png
    storm4.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 351
The simplest way is to... flip your pages and reprint.

As a reminder :
http://www.wintershade.com/therpf/printalignmentmarks.gif

I tired this still not seeing how to connect them without roughly guessing where to cut

- - - Updated - - -

I think I figured out a way if I connect the lines at the corners with a ruler I can draw a line to help with connecting. Hope I scaled this right will be posting pics soon hopefully. Thanks JF.

I tired this still not seeing how to connect them without roughly guessing where to cut

- - - Updated - - -

I think I figured out a way if I connect the lines at the corners with a ruler I can draw a line to help with connecting. Hope I scaled this right will be posting pics soon hopefully. Thanks JF.

Watch this, from 0:00:20 to 0:01:50, this is the answer you're looking for. ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLZLUTeyKVY

JF, these Stormtrooper files are great and make for a really simple and quick build!
I've decided to create a build thread for this one as I've not seen many Foam Stormtroopers done.
I've made a lot of progress in only one day of building (2days if you count cutting the templates)

jfcustoms-foam-files-storm2.png-258010d1385205302

jfcustoms-foam-files-storm1.png-258011d1385205293

Darn that red sock :)

hmh.jpg

I wanted to do the Hawkman but really got off on the sizing. I thought my daughter still looked so cute in it though.:)
First attempt wasnt to bad, had alot of trouble around the eye area, plus alot of glue clean up to do.

Should I leave the size alone? I increased that build by 10%, hindsight I should have maybe stepped it down.

So after about five hours of cutting I realized you have to flip the template when tracing it on the patterned side of the foam. So needless to say everything is on opposite of where it is supposed to be. Guess its time to start over

Depends if you want the pattern on the outer surface or not. I chose to have the pattern external when I did my Pred Bio because I think it looks cool.
1426261_10152006152673841_1269613898_n.jpg

A rusty old claw hammer :) It seems to be the perfect length (height when stood up on its end) so I know what will be using as a guide when I make a stand for this thing.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back