Jackieisrockin's Iron Man Mk 42 Pepakura Files! Back added to first post!

Re: Jackieisrockin's Iron Man Mk 42 Pepakura Files! New Info added to first post!

Hey guys, I have one quick question... How is everyone attaching their abs to the cod piece? just overlapping, gluing, velcro? Please help me out, thanks!

I glued the abs to the cod but left an opening at the back then used velcro to close it. The section that detaches is the one that's circled.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Re: Jackieisrockin's Iron Man Mk 42 Pepakura Files! New Info added to first post!

so would you have to open the hole abb section to... well... take a pee?
only becuse I went to alot of bars on holloween and a easy access pee flap was a must

thank you so much! That's what I was thinking about doing but I didn't know how to deal with the closure part, I appreciate the photos!

Any time man!

Any idea how to for fiberglass? Looks great by the way

Thanks! hmmm fiberglass is tricky. What I would do is leave the cod and the abs as separate parts and use neodymium magnets to put them together when suiting up.

Any time man!

Thanks! hmmm fiberglass is tricky. What I would do is leave the cod and the abs as separate parts and use neodymium magnets to put them together when suiting up.

Ok..i did that but just wondering how other people did it..i Don't like the magnet thing though I'm trying to figure out a better way..thanks though..

Jackie, Helegak, gimpee, ironmaided and whoever else I didn't mention who had part in creating and working on these amazing files, just wanted to say thank you for making my dream come true. This is something I've been wanting to do for a long time, and seeing these files what the kick in the ass I needed to get started!! Here's my progress so far on what I have done, more to come: image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Jackie, Helegak, gimpee, ironmaided and whoever else I didn't mention who had part in creating and working on these amazing files, just wanted to say thank you for making my dream come true. This is something I've been wanting to do for a long time, and seeing these files what the kick in the ass I needed to get started!! Here's my progress so far on what I have done, more to come: View attachment 220203View attachment 220209[/ATTACH]View attachment 220208

Sorry If this has been asked before but I couldn't find a answer in either thread, what is the scale for Helagaks back file to match Jackie's chest file?

Last edited:

I really want the bicep next

I KNOW! I hate the wait (no rush Jackie) and plus are u gonna do the neck Jackie? just saw the mark 42 neck (SEXY with a capital S) and cant wait!

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry If this has been asked before but I couldn't find a answer in either thread, what is the scale for Helagaks back file to match Jackie's chest file?

personally im not sure but you can edit the joints and join both parts in blender like I did (NOT RECOMENDING YOU SHARE. TRUST ME NOT A GOOD IDEA!)and scale in pep that's what I did.

- - - Updated - - -

Jackie, Helegak, gimpee, ironmaided and whoever else I didn't mention who had part in creating and working on these amazing files, just wanted to say thank you for making my dream come true. This is something I've been wanting to do for a long time, and seeing these files what the kick in the ass I needed to get started!! Here's my progress so far on what I have done, more to come: View attachment 220203View attachment 220209View attachment 220209View attachment 220209View attachment 220209View attachment 220208

Dude that is awesome!!!!!!!!! especialy the last pic!!!!!

Not sure :) I haven't really been coloring them for accuracy just to look cool/help out with painting reference :)

yh I feel the same way too its just that im doing exactly that with my mark 38/33/25/35 pep files but instead im using textures off pictures so that pep users can have paint reference by the time they get to the bondo stage (get it?)

anyways thanx for the files Jackie and thanx to my work friend speedtrix for unfolding the files

on a totally different note,
just finished my mark 42 suit and my mark 7 suit my 5yr old daughter was running around th house telling every one I was iron man thanx Jackie for the files (cant stress that enough)

on a totally different note number 2,
just heard speedtrix finished developing his website for movie costumes cant wait for his forum and cant wait for his tutorials!!!!

Last edited:

Chrisrobin1!!! If you can to have the Helagaks back's scale to match with the Jackie's chest please let us know!!! I've the same trouble but I cannot to determinate the right scale. Thanks a lot.

Hey Jackieisrockin, thank you so much for sharing your great work! I just bought foam yesterday... :)
And of course thank you Gaiatron, Ironmaided, Speedtrix for your unfolding!

If you're using the default scale for Jackie's chest, set the scale factor for Helagak's back to 571.820412 to fit accurately. Hope this helps ;)

I haven't edited Jackie's files in any way but they don't really line up right for me I finished the abs today and they were way to big and didnt got with the cod. Is anyone else having these problems?View attachment 215466

Maybe in the foam converting process in pepakura it caused the foam pieces to warp a little in the end result. It happened to me with my Mk VI. Not a big problem though hope you fixed it :)

hey jackieisrockin hope all is well. thought I would show you my progress :D almost done :thumbsup at this point it can bend forward/backwards and move to the sides a little bit. :cool hopefully once the abs are added on it will still move side to side.

Thats too awesome! :thumbsup

Hey man I had same problem but my cod fit. So I measured the the size that would wit with abs and went into pepakura designer and scaled so that part was what I measured and just made that one peice ? Make any sense?

Thats great! Love the paint :)

People!!! Can please somebody help me? I'm building my life sized costume in paper, but Jackie is working in another project, and I'm so sad because I wanted to finish my costume for Halloween, but without the back, biceps and shoulders, my armor is not good. Does somebody know where do we can to find at least unfolded files for these pieces that case with the scale of Jackie's files? Thank you so much for your help.
Jackie, what's next for the suit? The back?

Check the bottom of this post ;)

Almost compleate the suit but one small problem.. The joint at the knee area started to buckle once I started to walk.. Can any one help me with this? Anyone?

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Looks great!

Is the project dead? 

Never! :D

I glued the abs to the cod but left an opening at the back then used velcro to close it. The section that detaches is the one that's circled.

View attachment 219908View attachment 219909View attachment 219910

Looks awesome!!

Jackie, Helegak, gimpee, ironmaided and whoever else I didn't mention who had part in creating and working on these amazing files, just wanted to say thank you for making my dream come true. This is something I've been wanting to do for a long time, and seeing these files what the kick in the ass I needed to get started!! Here's my progress so far on what I have done, more to come: View attachment 220203View attachment 220209View attachment 220209View attachment 220209View attachment 220209View attachment 220208

Thats looking pretty sweet!

I really want the bicep next

You got it (y))

Hey Jackieisrockin, thank you so much for sharing your great work! I just bought foam yesterday... :)
And of course thank you Gaiatron, Ironmaided, Speedtrix for your unfolding!

If you're using the default scale for Jackie's chest, set the scale factor for Helagak's back to 571.820412 to fit accurately. Hope this helps ;)

Thank you!

Just sent this to Streetsoul and Gaiatron for unfolding ;)
fgndg.png

Maybe in the foam converting process in pepakura it caused the foam pieces to warp a little in the end result. It happened to me with my Mk VI. Not a big problem though hope you fixed it :)

Thats too awesome! :thumbsup

Thats great! Love the paint :)

Check the bottom of this post ;)

Looks great!

Never! :D

Looks awesome!!

Thats looking pretty sweet!

You got it (y))

Thank you!

Just sent this to Streetsoul and Gaiatron for unfolding ;)
View attachment 222473
wow this is amazing man

Last edited:

fe fei foo fum! i smell the back of an iron lush!

Looking Awesome Jackie!!! Love It!! Can someone recommend good foam to work with for the Mark 42? Im not keen to search all 71 pages of this thread, as it would take ages. but if someone has found good durable foam please inbox me. Cheers.

Ive been using thick foam but finding it difficult when joining pieces.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back