Jackieisrockin's Iron Man Mk 42 Pepakura Files! Back added to first post!

Re: Jackieisrockin's Iron Man Mk 42 Pepakura Files! Cod and Hip Plate added!

Okay, thanks for the info. Now I'm no expert at pepakura, so how are the color and pieces different? And which unfold would be easier for a first-time pepakura...er?:unsure

Thanks,
Aeric

hmmm my unfolds are supposed to be paper saver. . and the scale is increased by 10%. . .giving you guys a faster way of building it. . .

I took a shot at building the leg files. I think I am going to have to remake them though, I think they might be a little bit too small.

20130324_115753_zps385e011b.jpg

20130324_115934_zpsd5ce15c6.jpg

I took a shot at building the leg files. I think I am going to have to remake them though, I think they might be a little bit too small.

That work looks great, even if it is small. Really really really clean :thumbsup

don't use the default scale . . .you may want to increase the scale up to 20% or measure first before printing and building the parts

what about iron man mark 42 chest, back, abs, and other parts
jackie hasnt finished modeling the abs and hasnt done rest at th moment so you need to be patiant and wait till he has , nobody likes being rushed

a quick question about doing a paper build. What is the typical thickness of the card stock everyone uses? i used a 176 weight when i made my templates for foam. Do i need a thicker paper to do a paper build?

in my experience, it has everything to do you templates, cutting, and gluing. If you templates are not clean, your cuts wont be, if you blade is dull, it will rip and not cut, and if you are not careful with you glue and let it leak out all over, it will make the cleaning up and prep for paint very difficult. You just need to take your time and be patient with it. at least that what i have learned from my last build.

awesome job on the suit man. what are u using for foam?

a quick question about doing a paper build. What is the typical thickness of the card stock everyone uses? i used a 176 weight when i made my templates for foam. Do i need a thicker paper to do a paper build?

176 weight? must be gram weight I'm guessing. Anyways, I've found 110 pound cardstock works best. Good news (at least for us in the states) is that Walmarts typically stock this paper, 150 sheets for around $7.

just a "try-out" with the legs
601590_429379297155234_2120733722_n.jpg

and now coating everything :D
552016_431011266992037_590167124_n.jpg

176 weight? must be gram weight I'm guessing. Anyways, I've found 110 pound cardstock works best. Good news (at least for us in the states) is that Walmarts typically stock this paper, 150 sheets for around $7.

yes it is in grams, sorry should have said that. i found all sorts of weights in grams at staples. Would i assume that the lower the weight the thicker the paper?

Update:

Never mind, guess i should look it up next time on google, lol

Here is a chart i found

paperweogjtys_zpse430c4eb.jpg

Lower the weight, lighter the paper. I've pepped with as low as 60#, but it was just too flimsy and actually more expensive than 110lb card stock. Nothing wrong with knowing your gram weights anyways, some paper packs only list their weight in metric. You can't go wrong with #110, just be sure to score all of your fold lines.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back