Jackieisrockin's IM3 Iron Patriot Pepakura Files! V2 files coming soon!

Nah it's fine, I already expected to have to modify the legs and diaper to fit a curvier form. I'm starting with the upper body parts first for that exact reason.

i think you have to cut it to fit your big head..lol...jk...i think it had to be a two piece....mine is the same..

haha.im not talking about my head.i mean i dont get it.you see.i printed out the shins.with the right scale for me.i measured it from point to point.the height is right but with how big it is its giving me problems.the width is really big.

Hey there iamking, the shins will look really big, especially around the calf area, when you first put them together. I thought I scaled mine wrong at first, until I put them together with the rest of the suit.

haha.im not talking about my head.i mean i dont get it.you see.i printed out the shins.with the right scale for me.i measured it from point to point.the height is right but with how big it is its giving me problems.the width is really big.
...hahaha
for some reason i thought you were talking about your torso that you couldn't fit your head..i read it again..now it makes sense...my bad...lol..well I'm printing out my legs tomorrow lets see how it goes..

Hey there iamking, the shins will look really big, especially around the calf area, when you first put them together. I thought I scaled mine wrong at first, until I put them together with the rest of the suit.

i got some help with a friend.and i think its right now maybe.haha

- - - Updated - - -

...hahaha
for some reason i thought you were talking about your torso that you couldn't fit your head..i read it again..now it makes sense...my bad...lol..well I'm printing out my legs tomorrow lets see how it goes..

let me know how it goes. :D

how big is the suit in default scale , does it the same size of the suit in movie
Jackie's suit has a default scale of 6'9", I thought I read somewhere that the Iron Patriot movie suit was around 6'1"? Anyways, unless you're a mutant, you'll need to scale it down.

...hahaha
Hello Don Juan! could you please tell me what scale you used for your helmet and what head size you are??

...hahaha
Hello Don Juan! could you please tell me what scale you used for your helmet and what head size you are??

oo ok man thanks and congrats on your two awsome pep suits: the war machine and Iron patriot. they're looking great, man how long did it took you to build them???
thanks been working on it since last year..patriot not to long ago..so much work..sometimes i wish i would of finished the war machine first now i have two unfinished suits..lol..well i go back and forth on the suits..I'm working on minigun and will be printing thighs today..I'm behind a little...ok a lot..

thanks been working on it since last year..patriot not to long ago..so much work..sometimes i wish i would of finished the war machine first now i have two unfinished suits..lol..well i go back and forth on the suits..I'm working on minigun and will be printing thighs today..I'm behind a little...ok a lot..
i would have loved building the patriot out of cardstock paper and fiberlgass but since we dont have a printer at home, my dad cant afford printing so many pages of pepakura, that is why I build the helmet out of fiberglass and the rest of the suit with FOAM wich luckily i now a place where they ca get me cheap Foam

@jackieisrockin , you wouldn't happen to have the original for the hexagon shaped things on the shoulder rails, would you? I'm looking at the pep file and I already know it's going to look bad if I try to make it by hand, I'm thinking I might 3D print them. Thoughts?

A while back, ladman posted those pieces for 3d printing :thumbsup I found the link for you :) Hope it could help! Chest Detail - Download - 4shared - Thaddeus Ladzinski

I've been discussing animatronic plans with a friend of mine, he's really experienced with robotics and Arudino and he wants to help me with the shoulder gun motorization. We were kicking around some ideas on how to get the gun to swivel from one shoulder to the other, and I've come up with these vectors for the U shaped shoulder rail that I'm going to get laser cut:

http://i.imgur.com/Hx79DYj.png

If anyone has suggestions or is attempting something similar, please share your info! This is still pretty new territory for me.

I dont have the first idea on how to tackle this, but if you can find a way, then im sure we would ALL love to know :thumbsup Good luck with your build! Progress pics! :cool

I'm a 22 3/4 and went with .9 scale

Don Juan, going off topic really quick, what scale did you use for your War Machine Mk 1 build? It looked (and still does) really proportionate with the rest of the suit :) Too cool :cool

That looks too amazingly awesome! Its super clean and even before paint it still looks awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back