Jack Harkness

That's all I've done, keep your pants on. I won't make much more progress on it until my non stick presser foot comes in. I also need to get a longer prong for the buckle if i want the thing to function.

And good luck looking for CATs. There hasn't been a single adult sized pair on eBay in 4 years.

I can't find them under completed listings, can you link me in a PM? I'm looking for size 11 as well, so if a pair ever comes up I guess I know who I'll be bidding against.

Finished planning out my earpiece yesterday and got the last of the parts in today. Hoping to get a lot done on it on Monday after work. Really looking forward to sharing that one, assuming everything goes according to plan.

The USAF shirt came in. Details are pretty good, fit is great. The pocket flaps are the only real issue. The weave is definitely different, so the one he wears isn't an original USAF shirt with modifications, it's definitely a full custom based on the USAF shirt with the RAF pocket flaps. The only detail I haven't been able to positively confirm is the shape of the cuffs on his shirt. If they're round barrel they're based on the USAF, if straight barrel then they're based on the RAF.

I've been watching more of series 1 and it looks like Jack wears about 5 different shirts so far. The dark blue one with French cuffs, the USAF shirt, a lighter blue one with French cuffs that looks the same color as the USAF in studio light but looks seafoam in sunlight, and two different striped shirts.

Anyway, I'm going to go ahead and order another of these USAF shirts to make some new pocket flaps. Hopefully some cool updates on Monday night.

You forgot to put the suspenders through the epaulettes like he does, ha. But looking fantastic, I've already got a good pair of gray pants handed down to me so I'll probably order an USAF shirt and suspenders in case I ever want to do a budget cappun' jack

I ordered an RAF shirt for like $10 I think after exchange rate to check it out as far as material. I'll let you know when it gets here how it is

Keep me posted on the RAF fabric. The color looks significantly darker to me.

And Jack doesn't put the grey suspenders through the epaulettes. I've seen him do it with the red ones, but not the grey. Possibly because the split is so high on those ones they go over at the buttons. It would be uncomfortable to try to put them under.

Well FYI you can get Brooks Brothers to make you a tailor made uniform...so its possible (unlikely) that the shirt was one of theirs...Its like double or triple the cost of the standard shirt...which are like 29 bucks.

I'm looking around the Brooks Brothers site now, but I don't see the uniform thing. Do you have a link?

I don't remember the BX on base when I was growing up selling custom shirts, but I'll ask my dad if he can drop by and find out.

No what I mean is you goto brooks brothers and have them make it...like on jersey I know we had a store at the mall...but I'll goto clothing sales tomorrow and ask. Most BX's and clothing sales are seperate.

RAF shirt just got here...going to take some pics later Ill give you some good comparison pics between my issue USAF shirt and it....slightly different material overall buttons are slightly different 1 having 4 holes (USAF) the other having 2 (RAF) the blue is darker on the RAF...I think The USAF is closer overall Ill keep watching the show to see more details and such but yeh RAF shirt is a nice shirt it would work for someone in the UK that doesnt want to bother with shipping or a custom one though.

Last edited:
The shirt he wears is an RAF issued style shirt however it is not one of the current day issue shirts. It was replicated from an earlier era RAF shirt and not a USAF shirt. I know this as i am current serving military and I have come across these shirts a lot. I have no idea why people think a British made show with a character depicting a WWII RAF pilot would have a USAF style shirt.

Because he's American? Or because they DGAF about rules? There are tons of reasons they would do something like that. I'd be interested in seeing pictures of the vintage shirts, though. And I look forward to your comparison pics, Fett.

Made some progress on the ear piece last night, but not enough to post pics. Will hopefully get there tonight.

I tend to agree with Risu, Ive been in the USAF for 10 years now...Ive seen RAF shirts and USAF shirts plenty. I think ep 12 will shed more light on the shirt for me... I also want to do some more looking at ep5 as I said it was close ups of the shirt. I dont doubt that the older RAF shirts were possibly lighter in color either...but after work pics to come. Im pretty excited either way as I got my abbyshot coat in the mail yesterday. Im curious on the ear piece Risu...if you dont mind sharing what your using to mod the plantronics please share...I was thinking Id like to have both versions. Pics in my thread

If you look at Jacks Shirt its closer to the USAF minus the flaps its the same...the pockets have that same strip as the USAF I have seen any RAF shirt image with that....the color is spot on material buttons everything but the flaps.

*spoiler alert*

He meets Capt Jack Harkness in the past....

Last edited:
Jack's shirt also has darts in the back, which aren't present on the USAF and I would assume aren't from the RAF either. That's the easiest mod in the world to make, though.

I'll update on the earpiece when i get home tonight. Going to do some more work on it and make it presentable. Right now it's all in tiny pieces.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back