It begins: The Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure Phone booth.

76905_10150327550295574_696045573_16028669_6775465_n.jpg

(From Another Post)
It is NOT exactly the right booth, but I will modify it to make it more correct. Panels will be added, with panel framework, the door reversed, the roof needs to be re-worked with the antenna added.

I DID however discover an interesting thing. I've looked at these tri-panel booths since the release of the film. Some seem to be wider than others which made me think that the entire booth was larger than it's counterpart. My first thought was to get two booths and combine them into one. I needed the one I bought as it has the phone and the door. (Booths where I live don't have doors) But then I could remove the glass and install the panels and frames from the other booth. But now to do that...I'd need 3 booths. Why? My booth is DEEPER than it is WIDE.....and the counterpart booth with panels.....is WIDER than it is DEEP. So I would need the panels from the back of two of the counterpart booths to make my sides. If that makes sense. So it looks like I'll just make them from scratch.

Wow, surprised I didn't comment on your post already Kurt! I thought I did. That'll make a great conversion!! Would you mind at all in helping me out with the dimensions?

It would be cool novel to interface a cell phone module to the payphone so that it doesn't need to be wired... Easy enough to do with a little tinkering using a pay as you go SIM card and a cellular module...

This is a film that only gets better with age. When you finish you should get photos of it in front of a Circle K.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back