Is that all there is to Blue Ray?

You have to admit, the actual ghost rider would look pretty cool on blu ray. Basically just fast forward to the ghost rider scenes with the mute on. Other than that that film is an atrocity.

I won't lie...I enjoyed the Ghost Rider Scenes. They really nailed the look and details of that character.

But that's about it.

I'm only really interested in getting my absolute favorites in Bluray. I don't need to see everything in High Def, or feel the need to repurchase my entire collection as soon as a new format comes out. I did invest in a 1080p Television last year, but that was after not having one since 2003, so it was a no-brainer. Later this year I'll be getting a Bluray player. Sadly I won't be getting Star Wars (my absolute favorite) in that format, but I still have Indiana Jones and the Lord of the Rings to look forward to in HD!!!! YEAH!!!!!

you really wanna see the difference between dvd and blu ray, go watch How to train your dragon for the animated look and then watch Blade Runner for live action. On dvd how to train your dragon is beautiful with great depth and color ....on blu ray it is almost 3D in depth and clarity as good as the dvd is, you can still see a huge difference in the picture sharpness and detail. Blade Runner goes from being murky and lacking detail to sharp and vibrant. It took me a little while to really appreciate the difference between the formats too, but once I really watched and paid attention to the whole picture, I was floored. By the way the OT Star wars films are not the best examples of what blu ray can do. The prequels look fantastic though. Psycho is another film that almost takes on a 3D quality in sharpness on Blu Ray.

After buying my PS3, the first three movies I purchased on Blu-ray were Blade Runner, Aliens, and The Thing. I was simply blown away by all three, the improvement from DVD is VERY obvious. Even after watching these movies hundreds of times growing up, I'm now spotting new things that just weren't possible to see on VHS or DVD.

Blu-ray is ****ing awesome, and in my opinion, definitely worth the upgrade.

I don't really know what the op's set up is, but Blu-ray is staggeringly better than dvd.

In the early days, there was a bit of hit and miss, i remember the first release of X Men 3..(which i got free with my PS3...)....i expected to be blown away, but the PQ was worse than the dvd.

There are so many mind blowing examples of how astonishingly good BD Pic Quality can be. Everyone has their examples.

Tron Legacy for clean, smooth crystal clear image.
Jurassic Park for vibrancy and detail.
The Rock for incredible facial detail and close ups.
SW Ep 3 for all of these.

The list goes on.

Rich

Check out this mix

The Godfather
The Searchers
Rango
Cool Hand Luke
Back to the Future
It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World
The Last Samurai
Apocalypto
Master and Commander (sound is the best I've experienced)
Band of Brothers -- amazing!

Doug

There I was, walking thru Wal-Mart, and saw some Star Destroyers on a TV screen.. I thought to myself, "Hmm, such a crystal clear picture, it must be from the Animated Star Wars." Much to my astonishment, it was "The Empire Strikes Back" in Blu-ray!
Absolute.
Crystal.
Clarity.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back