Is Fanhome offering the DeAgostini Falcon?

modelerdave

Sr Member
I just got an email from Fanhome about a parts work studio scale build of the Millennium Falcon. Is this a rebranded DeAgostini?

Here's the page it directs to:

Fanhome is De Agostini. They rebranded their consumer division in the UK and US, which is a common technique when you feel your branding has a poor reputation, I suppose.

They do look like they're relaunching the Falcon subscription. Prices have increased, but of course they don't actually list the price of the finished kit on the website. :/

Last edited:
I don't know if De Agostini bought Eaglemoss, per se, though they have taken over and resumed publication of some Eaglemoss partworks kits.

Last edited:
I just got an email from Fanhome about a parts work studio scale build of the Millennium Falcon. Is this a rebranded DeAgostini?

Here's the page it directs to:
It’s the same one. Can be awesome,but needs work. There are. Some members here who have done amazing things with it.

It is curious that they seemed to have omitted the interior hold as it does not appear in any of the photos or build details.

It is curious that they seemed to have omitted the interior hold as it does not appear in any of the photos or build details.

Well, that seems unlikely to me since it's still billed as a 100 issue subscription. Maybe they left out hold photos because it looks pretty lousy? Or because they almost certainly will not be rolling out the improvements that STK from Hong Kong made to the kit?

Well, that seems unlikely to me since it's still billed as a 100 issue subscription. Maybe they left out hold photos because it looks pretty lousy? Or because they almost certainly will not be rolling out the improvements that STK from Hong Kong made to the kit?
Ya, perhaps. Personally speaking, that lousy hold is half to blame as to why is has taken me so long to complete my original DeAgostini Falcon. As it stands right now, the only original part of the hold that I kept is the floor, and it even got covered in a nice brass detail piece from Paragrafix. All of the walls and furniture have been replaced by custom parts off shapeways. I originally bought lower rez piece for the hold main entry wall, but the other walls were higher rez and more detailed so I am wanting to replace them with the same designer's walls, which will mean I have to replace the first set of couch and bunk as they are undersized compared to the new custom walls. I also plan on extending the opposite wall's corridor (near the room where Han & Leia share there first kiss) as it just looks ridiculous just ending after a short curve. The extension piece make it appear as it continues out of view.

Oh my poor wallet.

Ya, perhaps. Personally speaking, that lousy hold is half to blame as to why is has taken me so long to complete my original DeAgostini Falcon. As it stands right now, the only original part of the hold that I kept is the floor, and it even got covered in a nice brass detail piece from Paragrafix. All of the walls and furniture have been replaced by custom parts off shapeways.

Did you get the DoubleFire ones? Those are excellent, and the designer has very kindly made the digital files available.

Did you get the DoubleFire ones? Those are excellent, and the designer has very kindly made the digital files available.

Yes I sure did as his designs are absolutely amazing. I do plan on replacing the main entry wall (Satyr's originally) and this will require the replacement of the couch and bunk (308Bits) for doublefire's set. Then it is on to the hallway extension.

I've been following the ebay listings over the past few months (and longer using the "sold" option) and they've been all over the map. This is due to the many listings from outside the US (although that's probably a very US-centric bias), which leads to different languages for the instructions and somewhat random shipping prices, including free shipping and flat shipping quotes from other countries that are cheaper than one it would cost to ship it within the country. Then there are the many folks selling individual "issues." Full disclosure--I was trying to extrapolate what I might be able to reasonably expect to get if I listed one myself. Might be a bit of moot issue, now. I was always afraid of selling issue by issue but only being able to sell, maybe, half. Then what do I do with what's left? I didn't expect Master Replicas type values, but something that would have inspired me to sell. Now I'm inclined to keep my stuff, and I'm plenty fine with that.
Mike Todd

Okay, dumb question, I went to the STK site and unless I got the HK to USD conversion wrong the price for the subscription seems reasonable. It’s the same kit? STK is reputable?

STK of Hong Kong sell the De Agostini Falcon with a number of improvements, particularly the interior lighting.

I checked out the STK site and the kit isn't available outside of some parts of Asia. Bummer. I just signed up for the Fanhome kit but I would have gone with this one if it had been available.

Best guess, still 100 packages, looks like roughly $14 + taxes and shipping each so at minimum $1400 + all the taxes and shipping. Full kit currently on ebay for $1424 obo.

Do y'all think it'll be better? Been on the fence for awhile about building one.

Best guess, still 100 packages, looks like roughly $14 + taxes and shipping each so at minimum $1400 + all the taxes and shipping. Full kit currently on ebay for $1424 obo.

Do y'all think it'll be better? Been on the fence for awhile about building one.
I signed up. I've wanted this kit for a long time and figure this is the best opportunity. I'd rather go this route than eBay in case something goes wrong.

I signed up. I've wanted this kit for a long time and figure this is the best opportunity. I'd rather go this route than eBay in case something goes wrong.

That's probably what I'll end up doing, plus with payments spread out I can swing it easier at this point.
Do you know if they have an option to pay all at once after you've signed up or part way through? I've never dealt with them before.

That's probably what I'll end up doing, plus with payments spread out I can swing it easier at this point.
Do you know if they have an option to pay all at once after you've signed up or part way through? I've never dealt with them before.
It doesn't look like a full pay option is available. But you could check with them. I don't know what levels of inventory they have to make that possible. I'd consider doing that maybe at the halfway point but for now I'm okay with the subscription plan. It would probably take me the same amount of time anyway so this at least is a little easier on the wallet.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back