Is anyone considering a K2SO build?

PropReplicator2

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys and gals,

I was wondering, if anyone on here was considering a K2SO build? I know alot of people who would be interested in building one but they say no because he is obviously quite tall.

Maybe a half body build? Head only? Hell, maybe the whole thing? I'm not sure what y'all would be interested in doing if you were to do a project like this but I was just wondering if anyone else had though about it.

I mean, there aren't many people who could deny this body[emoji6] [emoji38] .
f387473e6ddcb0185d7f6bf42483d104.jpg

6aae2e43d84d6d9dd496b8536b39c2b7.jpg

54fcc78c7e7ad74f13a68dbdceaaa523.jpg

Hey that's me! :D

Yes I'm building a 1:1 K-2SO puppet. He will be 7'1" as stated in the Star Wars: Rogue One Visual Dictionary. I hope to have him done by April this year (2017) to take to the LA RPF party.
Besides my build blog I do plan to post any templates/blueprints I create during my research.

Let me know if you have any questions

-Darren Moser

- - - Updated - - -

theres a r2 builder already printing one i believe. life size and he's going to program it to interact with a crowd, all animatronic

That's so awesome! He'd make a great animatronic. Stand right up there with a pirate of the Caribbean or Tom Morrow.

Just saw a kid at St. Louis Wizard World wearing a K2SO 1/2 in EVA foam body. He wore a bike helmet to make the opening to the neck, 3D printed K2 head and foam arms and obviously his legs were not proportional being he was a teen boy, but DARN it was cool.

kcail1

Just saw a kid at St. Louis Wizard World wearing a K2SO 1/2 in EVA foam body. He wore a bike helmet to make the opening to the neck, 3D printed K2 head and foam arms and obviously his legs were not proportional being he was a teen boy, but DARN it was cool.
I was watching the K-2SO puppet build and got inspired to do a take on K-2SO. I am working on the specifics, but I sure would like to have a voice changer for him that doesn't cost $300+ dollars. Otherwise I will really have to work on my voice lessons :)

I was watching the K-2SO puppet build and got inspired to do a take on K-2SO. I am working on the specifics, but I sure would like to have a voice changer for him that doesn't cost $300+ dollars. Otherwise I will really have to work on my voice lessons :)

I love your helmet design.
As for the voice changer I'm using an app called Robovox and passing my voice though my iPad mini.

I tracked down a guy offering full 1:1 K2 that's 3D printed for about $4000. It looks super accurate.

I think it needs quite a bit of work, (sanding, etc) before paint.

I'm not experienced with 3D printed stuff so I bailed because of all the work...but they are out there!

I know of another maker as well that's probably half the cost but doesn't look as accurate to my eye.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back