Iron Man/War Machine EASY hand files

Here are some pics of my end results, i'm quite happy with them ! the gloves need some more finishing but overal I like it ! Another big thx to Jowe !

I'm using 3mm craft foam from Hobby Lobby. An 12"x18" sheet is $0.99. You can sort of see the label in my pics. I believe the brand is Silly Works.

As for 7sinzz's question, my intent is to either make or find a pair of thin material (satin, silk, thin poly) gloves that will go at least 2"-3" past my wrist. I've viewed a few tutorials on YouTube about making gloves, but haven't had a chance to see what the material cost would be. Then, for the areas between the finger plates on the palm side, I am going to try out cutting 2mm thick foam into very thin strips to create the ribbed effect. I was initially going to use flexible wiring loom, but the plastic is too stiff and won't bend enough to my liking. I intend to glue the strips of 2mm foam directly to the exposed "under glove" area. Should give me the look I'm after and still maintain finger dexterity.

I actually have some "Nitrile Gripper" gloves that I got at Harbor Freight" for like $2.99 it's a cloth glove with a nitrile coating I guess(kinda rubbery).

here's a pic:

IMAG0242.jpg

Depending on how much time and energy you wanted to put into the "tubing", you could get very thin foam sheets and build the effect onto a pair of cloth gloves. This would probably look best for the wrist but it could be done for the fingers too.

I bet if you cut along the valleys of the ribbed tubing, leaving the center 1/4th of it intact and gluing that to the fabric glove, I bet you could make a tighter fist.

what do you need? it's really simple the two little ends go together and you score the foam on the inside so it bends easy

Red is how it glues together and green is where you score(from the bottom) so it folds easier
glueandscorefingers.jpg

what do you need? it's really simple the two little ends go together and you score the foam on the inside so it bends easy

Red is how it glues together and green is where you score(from the bottom) so it folds easier
glueandscorefingers.jpg
That, brother, is EXACTLY what I needed. :) Thanks!

Also with the 3mm foam, I don't score with a knife. I score with a pen, I basically just draw the line on there and that helps it fold better

it's a jpeg, just open it in paint, control A then hold shift while you drag to make it bigger. holding shift keeps the aspect the same as the original file

Got my 3mm foam today, but finishing a biceps took all the time I had, so I'll give it a try tomorrow ! I'm very excited about this.
Do you think it would be impossible to put on if I coat it in smooth on 65D urethane ? It's a slightly flexible plastic, but I'm afraid it won't be enough to go the velcro way... How does people with hard resin hands do to put them on ? It doesn't seem large enough to slip your hand through like a regular glove to me ?

So you'd keep the palm of the hand separated from the top ? Tricky with the knuckles, thought if you cut it after the plastic coating, it should hold it's shape... From there, the two parts could be attached to the underglove with velcro, for easy mounting and access to the repulsor. I like this, I'll experiment tomorrow, though I haven't got my undergloves yet.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back