Iron Man pepakura helmets: Mark 42 43 Iron Patriot WM - PDF Links first post 3D print

Re: Iron Patriot - Iron Man Mark XLII Helmets pepakura - Links first post - Added PD

Thanks guys for the comments.

I downloaded the files from 4shared but for some reason they didn't print up all that printed was the page numbers. Also, I zoomed in on the print previews and there were no numbers on them to match them up. Its my first time doing pep so maybe I did something wrong in pep designer? Help please!

Jersy thanks for the "Like", your problem sounds like something is wrong with the printer settings, just go to >Settings>Print and Paper Settings> then play with the different values there, i always use "Print lines clearly" with line weight value in 3-5, but in some printers these configuration doesn't work well, for those cases i use the other option "print lines smoothly" just be sure that transparency is in 0%.

To activate the Id numbers just check >2d Menu>Show Edge ID.

Greetings.

Re: Iron Patriot - Iron Man Mark XLII Helmets pepakura - Links first post - Added PD

Finishing up one for my son for his Halloween costume. Thanks so much gimpee!!!

mk 42 faceplate.jpgmk 42 pieces.jpg

Thanks guys for the comments.

Jersy thanks for the "Like", your problem sounds like something is wrong with the printer settings, just go to >Settings>Print and Paper Settings> then play with the different values there, i always use "Print lines clearly" with line weight value in 3-5, but in some printers these configuration doesn't work well, for those cases i use the other option "print lines smoothly" just be sure that transparency is in 0%.

To activate the Id numbers just check >2d Menu>Show Edge ID.

Greetings.
Thanks Gimpee. I'll give that a try. The Mk8 printed out great btw. Awewome files. I've never done pep but I'm sure ill enjoy builring based on everyone's high praises

Re: Iron Man 3 Iron Patriot - Mark 42 Helmets pepakura - Links first post - Added PDF

just a heads up for those with a massive head like myself. The pep(not foam) file scaled up 10% will NOT fit you if your head has a circumference of 24" or bigger. The main problem I ran into was the ears. I've noticed the movie doesn't take into account that your ears isn't flushed to your head like it is on the helmet and with the mk42's design, there's very little room for your ears if you scale it to fit your head. I'll be building another after using the scale increase by 10% twice and i'll let you know how that will turn out. If anyone with a giant head like myself have any input, let me know =)

Re: Iron Man 3 Iron Patriot - Mark 42 Helmets pepakura - Links first post - Added PDF

Are the default scales for an adult sized head?

Re: Iron Man pepakura helmets: Mark 42 43 Iron Patriot WM - Links first post - Added

I downloaded the mark 42 pepakura a4 file but it seems to be mark 8 pepakura a4 file, is it the same? Is mark 8 and mark 42 the same?

Re: Iron Man pepakura helmets: Mark 42 43 Iron Patriot WM - Links first post - Added

I downloaded the mark 42 pepakura a4 file but it seems to be mark 8 pepakura a4 file, is it the same? Is mark 8 and mark 42 the same?

Hi, the file is for the mark 42 helmet, just happen that I named mark 8 for some reason that don't remember.

Re: Iron Man pepakura helmets: Mark 42 43 Iron Patriot WM - PDF Links first post 3D p

question, i just downloaded the PDF version, is it scaled to fit a "normal" 24" dome?

Re: Iron Man pepakura helmets: Mark 42 43 Iron Patriot WM - PDF Links first post 3D p

None of these links work. They only lead to program installations. Can someone put up the actuall file link? Or possibly direct this old fart to what to click or not. I dont have a 4shared account. All I get is adware attempts to install software.
After going through another way to get the files from 4shared it says the files have been deleted due to complaints.
Can anyone help? Im trying to make a christmas gift for a friend.

Last edited:

Hi

ydeardorff, I just checked the links and they are working fine, but now due to new policies you need an account in 4shared to download them, there is free accounts in 4shared.
Once you are in the 4shared page you need to click the small icon that says "Download", It's located next to "Share" and "Add to my account". Then you will be conducted to a new page, there you need to click in "FREE DOWNLOAD" and wait the 20 seconds before start downloading.

Thank you!
I apologize for being (old) slow to pick the right Download button out of the 8 or so that were on the download page. LOL
I tried to take the 3d print files into my college to get a cost set of helmets built. The professor came back with a 3-400 dollar cost per part quote. Talking about how much filler material would be needed, and the days it would take to make it. So Im stuck back at the old pepakura and elmers method.

I am curious what method have people used to light the eyes? I am trying to make a welding hood for my friend, but I would still like the eyes to light up when the mask closes.

How much does one of these cost to make on a 3d printer is a usable thickness?

When I did mine, with supports and rafts, I barely used 1/2 a spool. I used devildogs file, and the thickness of the parts is minimal but still workable/robust. I get spools of filament for around $28, so....$14 plus the time put in. That doesnt include the paint, bondo, glaze putty, primer, etc etc.
Also a quick note about 4shared...if you have AdBlock running, it bumps the wait time to download to 900 seconds. Took me a bit to figure out that i had to shut it off temporarily to get the download time back to 60 seconds.

Though I have done the pepakura route before, its a lot of work (well beyond christmas). I wish I could talk someone into making me a pair of helmets. 1 iron man, the other iron patriot. When the local school teacher quoted me "A couple hundred dollars for each piece" I knew right away he was full of it, or didnt know how to use the machine.
I have a set of STL files for a properly sized iron man helmet, that is also properly thick for use (as a welding helmet). It would save me so much time to only have to do a little body work, paint, and wiring than having to completely build them from scratch using pepakura. My last attempt of the halo 2 master chief helmet took months to complete and get right.
Id gladly pay for the 3d printing services if its not too expensive.Id do all the rest of the assmebly. That would make these as christmas presents a possibility.
After all Im just a retired Vet here. Who apparently hasnt grow up yet. :lol

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back