Iron Man Mark 6 build WIP...updated pics on page 2

Re: IM Mark 6 build WIP

Nice nice...I've seen people talk about using a silhoutte sd cutting printer idk how that works exactly but i guess it cuts the time consuming part of cutting all the pep pieces out. I will finish my mannequin tonight that has taken up some of my time this week because I work full time i dont get much time to work on this project. And i know i want to retain the shape of the pieces im making and best way for me to do that is a mannequin. I am looking forward to pepping the chest i know looks intimidating but should be fun. Just want to get this helmet done first to have a soild finished piece.

I know the feeling...I was going to finish my helmet and go from there, but then realized that I would be working on that freakin helmet forever if I did not get moving on the other parts as well. Best of luck with your build!

Thanks, i may just do that and finish my mannequin and get started on another piece to get some headway on this project and go back to the helmet later lol. Cause like you said this helmet is killing me right now and taking forever so i might have to take a break from it lol.

I know the feeling...I was going to finish my helmet and go from there, but then realized that I would be working on that freakin helmet forever if I did not get moving on the other parts as well. Best of luck with your build!

Here I am asking more questions, but has anyone found an "easy" way to add the screw details to the helmet? i have been using carving tools to do most of my detailing (and then felt idiotic for not using my dremel after watching the tutorial video by blackdynamo), and loathe the idea of carving each one out by hand...ugh.

Nice work!!! I do have a 6 yrs old girl and I travel for a living, this by far is the hardest thing I have done in a long time, when I'm away I can't wait to go back and keep going...scare that I will loose the mojo and mess the parts up.....what size is the helmet?

Keep going, and going, and going.....

David

So, I have been away for awhile, but am back up and running. This is getting to be a long project, especially since I am back in school, with 2 kids, among other things...anyway, I am hoping to have the helmet done and painted by the Avengers premier. Just got some LEDs a couple days ago, and have some plexiglass coming in next week. Will post progress pics soon.

Re: IM Mark 6 build WIP...updated pics on page 2

Here are some updated pics...the helmet is done...now to move on to the other pieces.
IMAG0690.jpg
IMAG0694.jpg
IMAG0991.jpg
IMAG1020.jpg

Last edited:

2 coats of primer (w/ spot filler in between)...
IMAG1023.jpg
IMAG1026.jpg
IMAG1032.jpg
IMAG1035.jpg
IMAG1036.jpg
IMAG1040.jpg
IMAG1042.jpg

Last edited:

Detail work and eye less will come shortly (once I download the pics).

And some with the LEDs mounted (I would be interested on how some of your guys mounted yours...these were a pain to get in)...
IMAG1074.jpg

IMAG1075.jpg

IMAG1076.jpg

IMAG1077.jpg

IMAG1085.jpg

IMAG1086.jpg

Finally, some pics from my trip to see the Avengers (the last pic is a friend wearing my helmet)...
IMAG1079.jpg

IMAG1080.jpg

IMAG1084.jpg

Again, the base for the helmet is Dancin Fool's file, and I am wearing CooFunkCurly's neck seal in the top pic of this post.

Wow...it is as silent as the grave out there...
I do have 2 quick questions that some of you may be able to help me with:

1) Have any of you padded your helmets to help them sit right when wearing them? If so, how did you go about doing it?

2) I am interested in making some casts of this (so I can do a 4 piece helmet). What casting material would you suggest?

Thanks!

I definitively love your helmet, the final result is very wonderfull , smooth, a excellent paint job , congratulations for your work !!:love

Thanks. This project has had a lot of firsts for me. First time fiberglassing, first time using bondo, and the first time I have used automotive paint. I appreciated the feedback.

Thanks. This project has had a lot of firsts for me. First time fiberglassing, first time using bondo, and the first time I have used automotive paint. I appreciated the feedback.

Lol that's hard to believe, because this is very nice work. So smooth!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back