Iron Man 3 "MARK 8 Armor" foam build

Check out Dbest Duo bluetooth speakers. It's a two speaker system, is loud and runs 20+ hours. $50. I'm going to use this on my costume build. There is also another small Bluetooth speaker called JAM. Sold at bestbuy for $40. A tad louder, but heavier and only 4 hours of run time.

Eliminate the Bluetooth adaptor, they never work well IMO.

Great build btw!

Thanks i will check those out....im putting them in at the end of the build.

Theres a new war machine in IM 3!!!???

Laugh it up fur ball!!! Sent From My SGH T-989 Using Tapatalk 2.

Last edited:
I swear its gonna take longer to paint this suit then how long it took to build it. But i got both forearms and hands done...pic tomorrow when i upload them

I got the arms and neck painted....i need to do a little touch up red on the byceps...damn florida humidity is probable factor... had a little issue peeling back the painters tape on the red parts after 19hours of them being dry and clear coated....no issues peeling back tape on the gold and silver pieces so i will be doing those colors first before all the red...thats gonna be a pain in the ass when i get to the abs and legs but i still got plent of time.

on a side note my mark 3 helmet "plastic surgery" face lift into the new mark helmet is going well i should be done with that in a couple days

there we go thats better....nice and clean....now for the silver parts there is still some minor detailing that could be done....so once ive done a couple coats of clear and its had plenty of time to dry im gonna score the foam with just a black pen and that should do the trick

Dude, this look ****ing stellar, pardon the french. But damn brother, you've done a great job. From one tattooed Floridian to another, lol, awesome work!

since i only brought the arms with me to work today.....i can do nothing but wait for drying and clear coat all day....so heres yet some more pictures

So i just read that the Iron Man 3 trailer is to premier online on Tuesday October 23rd at 12:01 am......yet again Marvel thankyou for PERFECT TIMEING and/or Divine Intervenion!!! my first of three contests will be on the 27th... saves me the trouble of telling alot of people that its the suit from iron man 3

Wow!!!! That is definitely a BA paint job on those arms brah!!!! Can't wait ta see it finished keep up th' good work:p:cool:

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

this is just the test piece for the "LEG PIT"...but i think i will do the trick...im gonna make the final copies later tonight.....i used old tube socks

i love you forever i'd been racking my head on hundreds of ways to do this but this here is perfect!! =D

I decided to take the day off from the shop to work on the suit uninterrupted...should have the abs and both legs with feet painted today....pictures tomorrow

thanks and im using various size foam sheets 2mm, 3mm, 6mm for the detailing and then 8mm and 11-12mm? for the main structures....few trips to Michaels, Hobby Lobby and Big Lots

Amazing work. The forearm and upper arm pieces (under the detailing pieces) look like they are pretty thin. Maybe 3mm or 6mm. Is there any particular system you use that decides which parts get which thickness. I've been considering doing a free hand build.

Edit: Posted this before I saw your taking the day off post. Anytime you could answer tomorrow would be helpful. Thanks

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back