Introducing Brand New Halo Master Chief Armor *FINISHED! New Pics on Pg 24!

Thanks guys for all your comments.... They finally opened up registration so I finally got on.

To answer some of your questions:

What materials did he use?
ItÂ’s made of slush casted poly urethane plastic... very sturdyÂ… much like it would be if it was vaccuformed.

How did you extract the model data from the file?
I didnÂ’t extract the model... I have a degree in computer animation and I just modeled my own model from reference pictures I found on the net.

May I ask about the secret to get the symmetry on the sculpt as well as achieving a smooth surface?
Symmetry is by far the hardest thing to accomplish when doing a free sculpt, One trick I used cardboard templates inspired by watching too many episodes of American Chopper. Smoothing the sculpt is tedious tooling and polishing, you can use a heat gun or dip a brush in some mineral spirits and it melts a thin layer of the clay when you brush it on, which helps get out rough areas.

The visor how did he do that?
Yes you guessed it its two separate visors, there actually the same color, but one show less transparency when its over the other which adds a cool effect, less transparency = more chrome look. It took about 8 visors before I perfected the method and choice of the right type and shaped visor. Lot of wasted plastic and money : ) Gotta love that part of it.

Any chance to get 1 of these??
HmmmÂ…

So any chance of a run of these happening?
HmmmÂ… another good questionÂ…

Feel free to PM me with any questionsÂ…

Not only is that a sweet sculpt but I give him even more props for doing the life casting of the head.

I did a paster casting of my face last semester in school and that is possable one of the scariest things ive

ever done lol. Well done that came out perfect

<div class='quotetop'>(LizardJedi @ Nov 5 2006, 11:37 AM) [snapback]1351194[/snapback]</div>
I really like the visor too. How hard is it to see out of?
[/b]

I was just wondering the same thing. It's a great trick, though, using the same color visor twice. Excellent job, again.

Certainly is something I'd like to have sitting on display on my desk. Looks fantastic. Thanks for the info on it too, always like reading how people achieved the wonderful things they make.

OUTSTANDING... That is one beautiful Master Chief helmet.. Just an incredible job. Cannot come up with enough adjectives to describe it.

Also am extremely desiring one of these magnificent works of art should you ever decide to reproduce them.

-Rex

The visor works great to see out of. Trent my brother has a vador and stroomtrooper helmet and he says its way better to see out of then either of those.

Again thanks for all the comments... ItÂ’s nice to know my hard work is appreciated.

You've got some MAD SKILLS....
That is by far the best I've seen in the many MasterChief incarnations.

Please let us know if you plan on doing a run of these as I don't know if it will fit my melon but it would look great on the shelf, next to my Judge Dredd Helmets.

I'll let him show you guys when he's ready, but I just got a first glimpse of the chest/back armor. HOLY CRAP. He showed me how it was built and I can guarantee it will the most game accurate set ever.
If you thought the helmet was good just wait.

Ive had two sets of Halo Armor, and this by far is the freakin best I have EVER seen.

Yes, please let us know if you do a run.

man...I second every comment on here, phenominal.

Man I'd love to get one of these and some armor and make a full sized Grif hehehe

Of course as it is now it would make a great Lopez

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back