Interstellar (Post-release)

Re: Interstellar

Well, there is about a month to go before "Intersteller" is released in the UK and I'm happy to say I'm going into this knowing almost as little about it as I did "Inception".And that particular film remains very high at the top of my all time favorites list. Nobodies saying a word about the story, other than "just wait and see and be amazed!!!! "I don't think the trailer has really spoilt much at all, I mean there IS just a bit of a clue in the title about the basic narritive. Chris Nolan still remains one of the best producers of intelligently thought out and well directed films I've ever seen in the cinema, and there is no doubt the "Gravity" vibe is very strong with this one, so I hope it is just as spectacular and successful as that release was.
"Space exploration" films tend to struggle at the box office because of the lack of human drama in them, but the cast seems very strong and the premis powerful enough to overcome the usual lack of enthusiasm for the subject by large audiences. Given the length of it , at nearly three hours, it must be a fairly compelling piece of cinema and story telling (and very probably effects work !!!!) and I am looking forward to it more strongly now. Its been a great year for cinema so far, with only one terrible disappointment but at least half a dozen others that were incredibly enjoyable and spectacular. And then there is 2015!!!

15343660830_a767e1d9e7_o.png

I've got a 1977 film vibe this year unlike any other.
Two films had massive impact on me then. One mega imaginative space fantasy and one that deeply appealed to a longing for the stars.
Star Wars and Close Encounters of course.

Guardians and Interstellar very well could match that year for me similarly, though through adult eyes this time.

those space scenes in IMAX wow!
i can't wait.

Nolan sure knows how to make movies a real event like they used to be!
Probably one of the last left!

Assuming I love the film, I'll have to go back for IMAX later.
These days I can buy tickets weeks ahead of time with reserved seating at non IMAX so
for a first viewing that just is less pain than having to arrive way early and wait in line
to get good seats, especially given how long this flick is. I can literally show up a minute
before the movie starts to sit down at Arclight in the sweet seats.
All set for Thursday night (6th) now. So should be among the first of the masses to see it.

Gruaman's Chinese, or whatever they're calling it now, has assigned seating 70mm IMAX.

They have Wednesday showings so set up now for that night.
There are midnight showings Tuesday night but I am an old man for that.

Yeah we have tickets for Wed afternoon. Been waiting for this movie for more than a year. Only a few more days to go.

Sounds like a knock out of the park for space exploration.
Not to sound nationalistic, but America NEEDS this film as a wake up call for human space exploration.
Gravity and set in space films like Guardians or JJ Trek are not going to cut it in that regard. Deep meaning why is required.
Orion will make it's unmanned test flight soon, that will be good timing if Interstellar is a huge hit.

“....we should go back to the moon... We should never have left there. We should go to the moon and prepare a base to fire a rocket off to Mars and then go to Mars and colonize Mars. Then when we do that, we will live forever.” -Ray Bradbury

Last edited:

WOW.. Fandango and Interstellar are having a sweepstakes to send one grand prize winner to the frontier of Space (altitude of 100 km) or take home $75,000 instead.

Interstellar Sweepstakes | Fandango
Entry Form

Interstellar Sweepstakes | Fandango
Rules

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/vi...aceshiptwo-crashes-during-flight-test-n238376

I'll take the cash.

----
Early reports were that two parachutes were deployed but it looks like one pilot is dead. Another sad day in history of flight/space.

Last edited:

Entered!
Though with today's high price being paid in the Mojave, it feels odd to enter on such a day.
I will take the trip if I win, I want stick time though.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back