Inexperienced Dark Knight build.

Is that the cowl of Amazon? Or it's a replica?

GCFX

:O how did you the torso i can believe its foam did i missa post? lol

Mixture of parts I managed to do myself, HK chest and some GCFX parts.

Here are some pics from my daughter's 6th Birthday party yesterday;

SAM_0147.JPGSAM_0148.JPGSAM_0158.JPG

More fabric ordered so I can take another crack at the cape.

I also have to redo the gauntlets, an one split, and the other has some small tears.

I got a motocross hood, and wrapped it in the mesh. I added an 8" zip to the back, and sewed some velcro to the mesh.

I then glued some Velcro to the neck piece.

It works well for me, and as the neck piece is detachable, it means I can wash the hood easily.

I initially used some urethane based glue, but that stuff is really messy, takes ages to dry, and cures a browninsh-yellow colour.

The final glue I settled on was Fastcap 2P-10. I had to import it from the US (sellers on ebay), but it's brilliant. They do a kit with various thickness glues. I found the Thick and Gel adhesives to be the best for gluing urethane to mesh as they don't run, so no cleanup is needed. The best thing about the 2P-10 is the activator spray - Put the glue on the urethane, spray the mesh with the activator, touch them together, and they're instantly bonded.

I got a motocross hood, and wrapped it in the mesh. I added an 8" zip to the back, and sewed some velcro to the mesh.

I then glued some Velcro to the neck piece.

It works well for me, and as the neck piece is detachable, it means I can wash the hood easily.

Motocross hood? Where's a good source for the mesh, btw? Thank you!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back