Indiana Jones Dial Of Destiny Props

P
There are a few differences on the spear head. No wire and the attachment to the shaft is a little different, however --this is certainly a great base to work off of. Thank you for sharing the template. The blade cover is a lot different as far as the face goes. The style and pattern of the cover appear to be identical.View attachment 1726929
Probably how Indy noticed it was a fake so fast. Lol

There are a few differences on the spear head. No wire and the attachment to the shaft is a little different, however --this is certainly a great base to work off of. Thank you for sharing the template. The blade cover is a lot different as far as the face goes. The style and pattern of the cover appear to be identical.View attachment 1726929
A few things I found while browsing the internet.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230808-124027_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230808-124027_Chrome.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 103
  • Screenshot_20230808-123726_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230808-123726_Chrome.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
A few things I found while browsing the internet.
Looks like the overall length of the spear with the covering is good. Just need to modify the other side to the shaft attachment. There's a lot different on that side but easily modifiable off the template given to us for sure.

A typical Indy part for sure. They took the original and tweaked it to be unique to the film. Looks like they simplified it in this case.

Looks like the overall length of the spear with the covering is good. Just need to modify the other side to the shaft attachment. There's a lot different on that side but easily modifiable off the template given to us for sure.

A typical Indy part for sure. They took the original and tweaked it to be unique to the film. Looks like they simplified it in this case.
Agreed. Looks much more ancient. I like it!

Ok- so if you go off of the scaled picture with Madds hand covering the shroud part of the blade, Its the same length as the tip and base. My hands measure 8 inches from wrist to middle finger tip. I'm also 6'3 and wear an XL glove so I understand my hands are larger than some others.

Going off that, the spear would be 24 inches long. I think that's wrong, but I do believe it's possible he has a 6-inch span bringing the spear to be 18 inches long. To me, that sounds more believable.

The template doesn't have a measurement guide, so we have to make our own.

I think we really went off the deep end here. Truth is, I posted 3 very detailed, very clear pictures I took myself and posted them here for ALL to enjoy and use however they see fit. And I did this weeks ago- I did this with all those pictures I took, and I did it with the intention of ALL members using them to help with their prop building. We were in deep discussion on how to build this thing long before the image was shared. I am sorry this happened, but we also have to remember, this is a prop builders' website. Not a prop buyers' website, and even though there are outstanding sellers with great runs available to us, the large majority of the member's here, make their own. We can also purchase in the junkyard. We share with each other and give each other feedback and helpful guidance because that's what this website is meant to be used for. I own a couple of your pieces and I'm very happy with them. I am unable to make the Angel cherubs by hand at this time, so I chose to buy a set of yours. I am able to make this spear however, and I will be using my photos that are now our photos as a reference. The only thing we were chasing was the dimensions which I believe we now have, and those were pulled from a template not owned by you.

Let's move on and respect each other and get back to enjoying a build please. I truly hope we move past this. Thank you.

Last edited:
I think we really went off the deep end here. Truth is, I posted 3 very detailed, very clear pictures I took myself and posted them here for ALL to enjoy and use however they see fit. And I did this weeks ago- I did this with all those pictures I took, and I did it with the intention of ALL members using them to help with their prop building. We were in deep discussion on how to build this thing long before the image was shared. I am sorry this happened, but we also have to remember, this is a prop builders' website. Not a prop buyers' website, and even though there are outstanding sellers with great runs available to us, the large majority of the member's here, make their own. We can also purchase in the junkyard. We share with each other and give each other feedback and helpful guidance because that's what this website is meant to be used for. I own a couple of your pieces and I'm very happy with them. I am unable to make the Angle cherubs by hand at this time, so I chose to buy a set of yours. I am able to make this spear however, and I will be using my photos that are now our photos as a reference. The only thing we were chasing was the dimensions which I believe we now have, and those were pulled from a template not owned by you.

Let's move on and respect each other and get back to enjoying a build please. I truly hope we move past this. Thank you.
Lol. Well said!

So, going off that scaled picture template, looks like I was really close with the 18-inch-long dimensions. Normal printers won't help so I'm going to try and revise the template into 6-inch-long pieces.

Last edited:
So, going off that scaled picture template, looks like I was really close with the 18-inch-long dimensions. Normal printers won't help so I'm going to try and revise the template into 6-inch-long pieces.

Unless someone else is good at it and can do it sometime this year :lol:
I was going to use my cricut. It cuts 12' I concur on the 18"

Ok
I just cut a cardboard template. It really appears to my eyes the shroud over the spear is leather. Also, not as free flowing as the spear template above but looks to wrap the flow of the blade more uniformly. Also spotting the blade itself to be asymmetrical. My plan is to make the blade out of styrene. Then wrap it with a piece of leather and rivets or whatever they are. First steps first :p

I’m not married to the cup just yet--in fact, it's nothing more than a guide.
02535882-5D3C-445F-9D0E-1937C4B689A1.jpeg

Last edited:
Ok I've now seeing the film 3 times TOP MOVIE the only thing I did not like was his son being killed off as him taking over his dad's role would having being a great way to keep the Indy films going, with it ending up with some dodgy remake being made in the future with another actor in the roll of Indy but back to it and so there is so many cool props to replicate, think I'm going to start with the paper one's already shared the photos of Mutt and Henry sr from Indy's room I did in Photoshop but more research needed for the other paper props, including the divorce papers and the dial stuff so thanks for sharing the stuff here so far working on the items with every bit of spare time I have but very busy at the moment, hopefully new items posted soon.
hopefully we've all seen the movie and I've not just spoiled part of the plot by revealing his son is dead SORRY IF I HAVE.

Last edited:
Ok I've now seeing the film 3 times TOP MOVIE the only thing I did not like was his son being killed off as him taking over his dad's role would having being a great way to keep the Indy films going, with it ending up with some dodgy remake being made in the future with another actor in the roll of Indy but back to it and so there is so many cool props to replicate, think I'm going to start with the paper one's already shared the photos of Mutt and Henry sr from Indy's room I did in Photoshop but more research needed for the other paper props, including the divorce papers and the dial stuff so thanks for sharing the stuff here so far working on the items with every bit of spare time I have but very busy at the moment, hopefully new items posted soon.
hopefully we've all seen the movie and I've not just spoiled part of the plot by revealing his son is dead SORRY IF I HAVE.
Greatly appreciated!

Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Started my spear head. I’m using styrene. 2 pieces 3mm 1 piece 2mm. Total of 7mm thick not counting the leather shroud that will be tackled after. I haven’t started the cup the holds to the spear itself just yet but left meat on the bone to adhere to once I do. Stacking styrene is easy. Make sure to leave plenty of excess and do not cut true precise numbers. Especially when you stack to shape like I’m doing. Be sure to cut outside the lines and then file or grind to get home.
D8931AA0-D107-4690-8A49-CA06100FE491.jpeg
D6CD54D2-FB41-4394-BAD9-160303992D5F.jpeg
0E95C2A5-1DE2-46A7-BD43-8630AB99B111.jpeg
3034BD9A-0DE3-4C06-A0D0-086C5CEBD33A.jpeg
915A1828-0D36-43E5-9A92-FBE93E9DD060.jpeg
All clamped up and I will let it sit a couple days to lock in nicely before I start shaping.

Started my spear head. I’m using styrene. 2 pieces 3mm 1 piece 2mm. Total of 7mm thick not counting the leather shroud that will be tackled after. I haven’t started the cup the holds to the spear itself just yet but left meat on the bone to adhere to once I do. Stacking styrene is easy. Make sure to leave plenty of excess and do not cut true precise numbers. Especially when you stack to shape like I’m doing. Be sure to cut outside the lines and then file or grind to get home.
View attachment 1727677View attachment 1727678View attachment 1727679View attachment 1727680View attachment 1727681 All clamped up and I will let it sit a couple days to lock in nicely before I start shaping.
Lets..... go.....

Ok here's a first attempt at one of the paper props so more work is needed the first one has the blue rectangles missing as it looks like there were draw in a blue pencil crayon so you can do the same also not crossed out the one number but with the other one i've added them in photoshop, however don't think the font is 100% right but it's close

Attachments

• dd 1.JPG
    dd 1.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 99
  • Dial of Destiny 1.JPG
    Dial of Destiny 1.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 99
  • Dial of Destiny 2.JPG
    Dial of Destiny 2.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back