"In search of Moebius" BBC-documentation about comics artist Jean Giraud

5dd72777629bca8c2a389e0debbcfd88.jpg
Moebius Forever!

Big fan since the Metal Hurlant days and Le Garage Hermétique. Later to see his mark in The Heavy Metal movie.

I don’t remember where I heard about it but I remember when he met with Neal Adams decades ago and was flabbergasted at how little American comic artists were paid - even someone with the stature of Adams. In France Giraud was revered and comic artists could live very comfortably. But in the U.S. the art form has always been regarded as a lesser form of expression for adolescents, unlike in Japan and the EU.

Last edited:
The stuff of my childhood!! Growing up in Belgium, his art, stories and influences on other artists was something I relished year after year.
Having honed his skills with Jijé(one of the great Belgian's bande dessinée artist: check his Jerry Spring; influenced Moebius/Gir to do his Blueberry),
he did a lot also for Sci-Fi, one of Ridley Scott's fav! TFS this with us DaddyfromNaboo(y)(y)

I had no Idea I was a Moebius fan until the late '80s when Dark Horse (I think?) published a full color English translation of The Airtight Garage.
I had always been a fan of his work, just didn't know who he was until then.
Thanks for posting that doc - I'm gonna bookmark it for later.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back