Importing a resin replica gun to the UK. Paint it green then remove the paint - how?

Re: Importing a resin replica gun to the UK. Paint it green then remove the paint - h

That's what I was sayin'. I guess any ol' ammonia based window cleaner works.:)

The great thing about using Tamiya paints and window cleaner is that the method is VERY mild on sensitive materials, but the paint comes right off. Cleanup is super easy with soap and water. If you use slightly thinned matte paints they will start coming off right away.

It's also a great way to weather props (like a Firefly Mal's pistol). Use a laquer-based coating underneath (which will withstand the cleaner). Cover the model in brown paint, then start rubbing it with a cleaner-moist cloth. The Tamiya will disolve on the highlights and bring out the base coat.

I used Tamiya acrylics (long ago) and then dumped the model in some (ammonia based?) window cleaner overnight. But within hours, it can be removed by just wiping it off.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back