I met Karl Urban

Mogwai2112

Greetings to all the talented prop makers who I have purchased Items on here,

Tuesday night me and my girl went to the NYC world Premier of Dredd 3d. I will not post spoilers, however I would like to tell all of you a story. First off the movie was great. Best use of 3d since Avatar. The producers did not hold back on the violence. So we go to the after party and I walk up to Karl Urban and he says no photos or interviews. I then hand him my I phone and say, Karl never judge a book by it's cover. He then takes the Phone and sees Matsuo's Lawgiver from 95 and is blown away. He starts going through the phone and sees My Blade Runner gun and poster and then proceeds to act like a kid in a candy store. He then says to his entourage that he wants to talk privately away from everyone. We then talk about Priest and Lord of the Rings and props and how he says that you have all the toys, you collection is a shadow of mine. He sees Rylo's Cryo Can and Hydin's superman crystals and is very excited. So the ten minuets breeze by and he then stands up and says, Chris is the only person I am taking a picture with tonight. I just wanted to say thank you my fellow members and your art for making my night unforgettable. Your hard work and beautiful props were able to make me meet an actor who I admire and who respects and loves YOUR work.

Christopher.

why no photos??? sounds kinda weird for an afterparty at a world premier

love karl urban.....one of my favorite actors....glad he is starring in more roles

Yeah, I want to believe this story but without photos it's kind of hard to be wowed by it.

Hopefully the photos are soon to be posted.

So he's a prop collector too? Did I see a post about this on Facebook? ;) I seem to remember a photo of Karl and a comic style lawgiver.

You cannot have a long post about being the only person allowed to get his picture and then not post the picture. You big tease.

Sent from my Etch-A-Sketch

I met Santa Claus in 1971, then awhile latter found out it was my Dad :confused. Like they say if there's no pic it never happened.

I met Santa Claus in 1971, then awhile latter found out it was my Dad :confused. Like they say if there's no pic it never happened.

Hey! I've met Santa as well! Wonder if it was your Dad? Hmmmm....

Rich

Now I have another reason to hate Christmas. The worst thing that ever happened to me was on Christmas. Oh, God. It was so horrible. It was Christmas Eve. I was 9 years old. Me and Mom were decorating the tree, waiting for Dad to come home from work. A couple hours went by. Dad wasn't home. So Mom called the office. No answer. Christmas Day came and went, and still nothing. So the police began a search. Four or five days went by. Neither one of us could eat or sleep. Everything was falling apart. It was snowing outside. The house was freezing, so I went to try to light up a fire. That's when I noticed the smell. The firemen came and broke through the chimney top. And me and Mom were expecting to pull out a dead cat or a bird. And instead they pulled out my father. He was dressed in a Santa Claus suit. He'd been climbing down the chimney.....his arms loaded w/presents. He was gonna surprise us. He slipped and broke his neck. He died instantly. And that's how I found out there was no Santa Claus.

Now I have another reason to hate Christmas. The worst thing that ever happened to me was on Christmas. Oh, God. It was so horrible. It was Christmas Eve. I was 9 years old. Me and Mom were decorating the tree, waiting for Dad to come home from work. A couple hours went by. Dad wasn't home. So Mom called the office. No answer. Christmas Day came and went, and still nothing. So the police began a search. Four or five days went by. Neither one of us could eat or sleep. Everything was falling apart. It was snowing outside. The house was freezing, so I went to try to light up a fire. That's when I noticed the smell. The firemen came and broke through the chimney top. And me and Mom were expecting to pull out a dead cat or a bird. And instead they pulled out my father. He was dressed in a Santa Claus suit. He'd been climbing down the chimney.....his arms loaded w/presents. He was gonna surprise us. He slipped and broke his neck. He died instantly. And that's how I found out there was no Santa Claus.

Its bonkers, i mean, this happened to me too way back in 1984!

lee

Its bonkers, i mean, this happened to me too way back in 1984!

lee

vader.jpg

:lol

Really morbid.. but some how sounds familiar. What is this from?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back