I Dream of Jeannie bottle template

Did you ever make these? If so do you sell them? I for the life of me csn not figure out how to use the templates you print out on paper. It seems the designs are too intricate to cut out the parts you want paint so to find a template pre-cut and measured to fit yes please! Here, take my money! LOL seriously tho, how can I obtain these?

Did you ever make these? If so do you sell them? I for the life of me csn not figure out how to use the templates you print out on paper. It seems the designs are too intricate to cut out the parts you want paint so to find a template pre-cut and measured to fit yes please! Here, take my money! LOL seriously tho, how can I obtain these?
I haven't finished them yet. Unfortunately I have not had any time for hobby stuff lately due to my job and some family health issues. I'm hoping I can jump back in and finish them up soon.

View attachment 1444492I may as well show my collection. Pink one on left recently purchased. The rest I painted/decorated about 25 years ago. Drug out of storage yesterday.
Holy Guacamole man! Your collection is AMAZING! I’m trying to paint one now and I gotta say I can get the bottle the perfect purple, everything after that is a MESS! I must have stripped and repainted that bottle 10 times now. How do you get the white arches and gold and orange centers of them so perfect?? I’ve tried carbon paper and cutting a stencil. Ugh! Just can’t get it! Btw thst white/tan bottle 5th from the left is absolutely breath taking. I mean they all are but that one is just jaw dropping!

I haven't finished them yet. Unfortunately I have not had any time for hobby stuff lately due to my job and some family health issues. I'm hoping I can jump back in and finish them up soon.
Well if you do and want to sell me some I’ll buy cause I’ve been trying to paint one of these bottles for a month now and I can get it the perfect metallic purple but then when I try and paint the white arches or anything really it’s just a mess. I can’t figure out how some people get them so perfect. So when I read about you making design stickers I thought my torment was over! LOL I hope you feel well soon and life becomes frivolous enough again you have time to waste on this kind of nonsense we all love. Seems life has been anything but frivolous lately. I miss frivolous.

Well if you do and want to sell me some I’ll buy cause I’ve been trying to paint one of these bottles for a month now and I can get it the perfect metallic purple but then when I try and paint the white arches or anything really it’s just a mess. I can’t figure out how some people get them so perfect. So when I read about you making design stickers I thought my torment was over! LOL I hope you feel well soon and life becomes frivolous enough again you have time to waste on this kind of nonsense we all love. Seems life has been anything but frivolous lately. I miss frivolous.
Well, the paper templates are supposed to be printed out and then laid over the bottle with a piece of like graphite trace paper under it. Then you trace over all of the designs and when you pull it off, it transfers that design onto the bottle, which you then hand paint.
It's the hand painting part that I'm horrible at haha.

Holy Guacamole man! Your collection is AMAZING! I’m trying to paint one now and I gotta say I can get the bottle the perfect purple, everything after that is a MESS! I must have stripped and repainted that bottle 10 times now. How do you get the white arches and gold and orange centers of them so perfect?? I’ve tried carbon paper and cutting a stencil. Ugh! Just can’t get it! Btw thst white/tan bottle 5th from the left is absolutely breath taking. I mean they all are but that one is just jaw dropping!
I made stencils (arches) on clear plastic and traced those onto the bottle with a very thin permanent marker and then painted over lines with paint pens. They’re far from perfect and look better at a distance.

Fantastic information!! I just acquired my second bottle (interesting story on this one) and I have been looking for help with the artwork. Thank you all so very much.

Joe

Ok so thanks to your help I finished one. I probably painted the bottle four times, each time unhappy with something and took it all off and started over. The best advice I can give anybody is to invest in a nice set of metallic paint markers because anybody that can paint those lines with a brush is a genie themselves. LOL Don’t laugh! I finally just had to be done with it and I’m calling it “Bohemian Style” Jeannie bottle.
It was a gift for a friend and wanted to make it really special so I added the smoke with tiny flashing lights in it so it looks like it’s moving.
BDB582B0-1846-44EF-9B2E-F1A53B981970.jpeg
BDB582B0-1846-44EF-9B2E-F1A53B981970.jpeg

Ok so thanks to your help I finished one. I probably painted the bottle four times, each time unhappy with something and took it all off and started over. The best advice I can give anybody is to invest in a nice set of metallic paint markers because anybody that can paint those lines with a brush is a genie themselves. LOL Don’t laugh! I finally just had to be done with it and I’m calling it “Bohemian Style” Jeannie bottle.
It was a gift for a friend and wanted to make it really special so I added the smoke with tiny flashing lights in it so it looks like it’s moving. View attachment 1667777View attachment 1667777
That is the cutest!!!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back