I AM A GLUTTON FOR PUNISHMENT!! - Dual 1/350 Refit build- Aztec painting videos!!

Orbital Drydock

This morning I woke up & said to myself "You know what... today seems like a perfectly fine day to drive yourself INSANE", so that's what I'm doing

This will be a side by side build, one for commission, the other for auction.
For the commission build I'll be going with a two tone aztec & TMP era green/grey for the secondary colors. A standard light package with firing photons & landing strip lights as extras.
On the auction I'm thinking five color aztec, TMP green/grey, same light package as the commission. Also a little sumthin' special that I'll go into later!
Both will get v2 of the paragraphix etch set. I'm really excited about the v2 set. It seems they've added a "best of" from the old PNT set. Now their set has cargo pods, arboretum walls, & corrected impulse grills. Things that were previously only on the PNT set. Though.. I can't believe paragraphix still didn't fix the mirrored warp nacelle back end caps. To let it go once... ok, but to reissue with the same major flaw!??
Both will be getting a back lit base with controls similar to the one from my last build. Except they will use 8 pin microphone connectors for attachment.

So here is where we start. Today was cleaning & un-boxing day. I'll be starting with the interior first shuttle bay, arboretum, & vip lounge.

20130329_183502_zps856447bd.jpg

20130329_223405_zpsd7ed60ca.jpg

20130329_224820_zps6b765c38.jpg

Last edited:
Re: I AM A GLUTTON FOR PUNISHMENT!! - Dual 1/350 Refit build

Dude...

2 at the same time? You ARE a glutton for punishment.

Looking forward to it nonetheless. Good luck.

Subscribed.

Nice! I've had this one sitting in a box for years... I keep not having a space to actually build it in! I'll definitely be following this thread!

--Alex

P.S. I noticed you included your ODL in one of those pics! Then I looked at your Location and noticed we're neighbors! How cool is that?

--AM

Nice! I've had this one sitting in a box for years... I keep not having a space to actually build it in!

^Ditto!

This is an impressive model with good detail; I'm looking forward to seeing it (them!) come together.

You must feel guilty about something big to do this to yourself!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing these come to life. The refit is my favorite Enterprise, hands down.

By the time you build mine you will be the master of the refit..............

There are a lot of these around still in their boxes, that's exactly where mine is for now too!

Except theres none on ebay :( ive always liked this ship. I wanna build one if anyone is looking to get rid of one.

There are a lot of these around still in their boxes, that's exactly where mine is for now too!

Same here, but mine has a shuttle bay, lighting kit, paint, and Aztec Dummy templates sitting on it. Hopefully I'll get to it after the Voyagers. Otherwise I'm stock piling a pretty big money pit.

Btw, after seeing your Voyager, and invatorieing the PL refit, I don't think you'll have to many issues. From just looking at it I'd say it might (or I could be wrong) be easier then Voyager.

Hey fellow glutton,
what is it with our self torture tactics? Oh, yeh.... the love of the craft! Looking forward to your updates!
Mark

Thanks Southern. I'm having real problems mounting the voyager and some other issues with decals at the moment. She was always going to be sub standard for experimental reasons but she is nearly finished now, hopefully this weekend.....................

Day3
Hi folks back again with more fun!
Short post, short update.
I must have had some sort of selective amnesia when it came the the photo-etch set & how many parts there are, so 90 small parts later I'm ready for some install & a little paint!

Hey fellow glutton,
what is it with our self torture tactics? Oh, yeh.... the love of the craft! Looking forward to your updates!
Mark

Either love of the craft, or huffing CA fumes all day has us delirious!
have been looking in on your triple Refit DeBoer hull build from time to time. Love it, absolutely love it. I have those on my plate as well, I'll be doing a double build & a third that needs repair with repaint later this year.

20130402_140805_zpsb1aabdb3.jpg

20130402_140713_zps20a37e2b.jpg

20130402_140741_zps1b4524db.jpg

Last edited:

Cool!
I'll be subscribed to this one...and watching!

Good luck, can't wait to see how these come out.

Subscribed!

I love seeing the beginning stages of the refit build. Looks like a couple of prescription bottles from Walgreens at the top of this photo. Are you going to use the orange plastic for any part of these builds or are those some kind of insanity medication for taking on two of these at the same time? :eek All jokes aside, good luck with these and I’m looking forward to more updates.

Last edited by a moderator:

I love seeing the beginning stages of the refit build. Looks like a couple of prescription bottles from Walgreens at the top of this photo. Are you going to use the orange plastic for any part of these builds or are those some kind of insanity medication for taking on two of these at the same time? :eek All jokes aside, good luck with these and I’m looking forward to more updates.

LOL, I requested a heavy thorazine regimen for the first 2 week, & have a padded room reserved for the end of the month!

Naw, I have this compulsion to save small containers for parts storage.
Updates tonight, trekworks was kind enough to put up a youtube review of my aztec mask set, & I got swamped with orders!
Polar Lights 1/350 Scale Enterprise Refit Buildup Update - Detail Painting And Aztec Masks - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back