Hyperdyne PKE servo help

ItalianNinja86

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey gang got a question for those that have taken on the challenge of building a pke meter with one of hyperdynes kits

I'm in the final stretch main board screen leds and push buttons are installed and working fine my question is this

whats the easiest why to get the servos into the body and work together with the wings

I've seen builders just attach the servo directly and i've seen others build arms the go from the servo to the wing

just wanted some input (and possibly some directions) on how to jump over this final hurdle and into the home stretch

pictures, diagrams, paragraphs, run on sentences anything that might be useful I'll look at it

thanks gang:)

Well I haven't quite gotten there yet in my PKE build, but I was planning on attaching the wings directly to the servos.

'Not sure how connecting the servos to the wings via "arms" would work...wouldn't that throw off the angle of rotation?

Sean

Jim's kit is designed for direct connect to the wings, if you use a linkage system you will have to pay attention and maintain a 1:1 rotation ratio or else the wings will not move up and down the correct amounts...

To do this you need to measure the distance from center on the servo arm you attach the linkage to and that distance needs to be the exactly the same where you attach it to the wing from the wings pivot point...

Quick and dirty diagram of what I mean, the green arrow distance need to be 1:1 for the rotation remain the same...

servo attach.gif

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back